Worst Trade in the History of Sports

So Walker Kessler was drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies, traded immediately to the Timberwolves and now with the Jazz.

The kid can’t even condo shop at this pace.

-Boston Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees for $100,000 and a $300,000 loan to finance the musical No, No Nanette

-Kobe for Vlade Divac

-Hershel Walker to Vikings

-Celtics trade the 1st and 13th picks for Robert Parish and Golden State's pick (that pick was Kevin McHale)

-Baltimore Colts draft Elway # 1 then trade him to Denver for Mark Herrmann, Chris Hinton and a 1st round pick

-Boston Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees for $100,000 and a $300,000 loan to finance the musical No, No Nanette

-Kobe for Vlade Divac

-Celtics trade the 1st and 13th picks for Robert Parish and Golden State's pick (that pick was Kevin McHale)

-Baltimore Colts draft Elway # 1 then trade him to Denver for Mark Herrmann, Chris Hinton and a 1st round pick
Kobe refused to play for Charlotte + Elway refused to play for Baltimore

pretty harsh to include those trades

True.

Especially the Elway trade.

Reality is, drafting Elway was the worst pick in history. He told the Colts straight up he would play baseball if they drafted him.

Stubborness forced the Colts to take him anyway. They could have drafted Marino instead.

Those were both terrible trades for the Colts & Hornets. I looked up worst trades in sports history. Multiple sites had the Elway & Kobe trades listed.

-Kobe for Vlade Divac

I remember the Golden State trade with the Celtics. Terrible!!!! Set the Celtics up for the next decade. Sent to Warriors into the garbage can.

-Kobe for Vlade Divac

Hershel Walker trade may be the worst in NFL history.

Little known terrible trade when Lindros demanded a trade: Philadelphia giving the Quebec Nordiques Peter Forsberg and Mike Ricci for Eric Lindros. This resulted in 2 Stanley Cup Trophies for the Colorado Avalanche and since the Nordiques made two trades: one to the Rangers for Alexei Kovalev and Richter for Lindros that a judge nullified, the Rangers ended up winning the Cup 1994 with the trade not going through. So Lindros in a trade that went through and did not, helped 2 teams win 3 Cups combined. Lindros got what he deserved for a being a premadonna asshole when Scott Stevens gave him this chin music.

I remember the Golden State trade with the Celtics. Terrible!!!! Set the Celtics up for the next decade. Sent to Warriors into the garbage can.

I liked the Warriors & Celtics trade back in the day. It got them Parish & McHale.

Go Celtics!

I liked the Warriors & Celtics trade back in the day. It got them Parish & McHale.

Go Celtics!
And a couple titles too.

-Kobe for Vlade Divac

Homer pick here, but Dirk for Tractor Traylor was highway robbery.

How about this one? Jerry Glanville just as bad a coach at Atlanta as he was with my Oilers. Traded him to Green Bay to sober him up lol. Sober him up? The entire Oakland Raiders of the 70's were never sober and look at the results.

Homer pick here, but Dirk for Tractor Traylor was highway robbery.

Dirk was traded for Tractor Traylor? Damn. Didn't know that. Very one-sided trade there. I liked watching Dirk play.

I traded a set of very old golf clubs for a tennis racket 45 years ago.

Played tennis for about 2 years. Racket warped. Tennis sucks.