Your favorite all-day beer

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,167.00
Going on my annual camping/fishing trip in 3 weeks and I'm a big beer drinker, but I don't typically get the low ABV stuff. On these trips I've mostly stuck with the traditionals, Coors lite and Heineken (for a slightly higher ABV cheap pilsner). What are you drinking under the same circumstances?

Since no one responded, went out last night and grabbed a few different lighter beers to try.

swkilubqodr3q5o3xl9qr16ool1x

CB_ND_Pilsner_50cl_Can_Wet_new1.png

5624019-EVILTWINlowlifepilsner_580x.jpg

We'll see how they pan out. Looking for something with a bit more flavor to mix in with the generic domestics in the cooler.

We usually bring a bottle....but only get into that around the fire at night or else we'd be in trouble on the lake. I need something to drink all day that isn't going to knock me on my ass. And the beer I normally drink is 6-8%, also problematic. I just don't tend to drink this lighter stuff except on these kind of trips. At the little gas station by the campground you can only get the basic stuff so I want to bring a bunch of something else up.

Banquet Beer

you probably dont have em up there
since its a Texas beer,
but its Shiners for me -
these are sweet as honey -
20210422_183018.jpg

@fordman84 just to prove something, here's the bourbon we opened last year on day 1when we got to the camp site, and then didn't end up fishing lol
Bourbon.jpg

WRDO is good stuff. I imagine that is tough to drink after beer. But can't go wrong with it. Pricey for campfiring though. :)
It's pretty harsh. I typically just do Buffalo Trace like every other person on the planet.

It's pretty harsh. I typically just do Buffalo Trace like every other person on the planet.
yeah that finishing in oak is gonna make it strong. That's what makes it good, but beer likely tastes like pure water after it :)
A great campfire bourbon I enjoy is Wild Turkey 101. Cheap, easy to find, great proof so if you need to water it or mix it then no issues.

Founders All Day IPA, Founders Solid Gold Lager, Yuengling Lager.

Oh yeah, and the Mexicans are always good all-day options. Modelo or Corona.