Your punk Mount Rushmore

I barely just watched it through a couple of years ago. I never watched it while it ran. I FUCKING hated it at first. Thought Steve Carrell was so fucking annoying, but I powered thru the first few episodes, maybe even the first season, and somehow that fucker plants its seeds.

Now? I think it may be the most re-watchable tv show of all-time.
Anyone new to the office should start on season 2. They can watch season 1 after they decide they like the show.

Even if I bought an box of cassettes, I’d have no means to play them. Even my 84 F-250 only has an AM-FM radio
I have tons of music on cassette, some still leftover from recording straight off the radio back in the early 80s, when my young kids kept me home at night. I have always had a player because of that.

I have tons of music on cassette, some still leftover from recording straight off the radio back in the early 80s, when my young kids kept me home at night. I have always had a player because of that.

I unfortunately lost a lot of old irreplaceable cassettes to a storage locker robbery. I used to record "Mods and Rockers" on CIUT 89.5 every week when I was a kid for instance, Monday night at 10 pm. When I heard the intro song I was hooked

What is that genre?
I would say that it is a fuck you attitude, lots of distortion with barely understandable lyrics.

Something your parents would disapprove of, something your girlfriend wouldn’t listen to it, something that you could go see live and get into a mosh pit and throw your elbows up. When I went to see the shows back in the day there was a lot of leather, chains, skinheads, Doc Martin, and lots of mohawks, Liberty spikes and greasy hair. Something that made sex drugs and rock ‘n’ roll blush.

I’m not saying this is the definition of punk rock proper, that’s all I could find as I’m driving down the road

Last edited:
The Beat Farmers
Social Distortion
Supersuckers
Rank and File

Suicidal Tendencies
Bad Brains
Fugazi
Bad Religion

D.O.A.
The Subhumans (the Canadian one)
The Clash
Active Dog

No GG Allin?

I didn't even make it past page one. :L

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

The song that got me to check out GG Allin and then punk rock in general(SiriusXM Outlaw Country turned me on to a lot more as well)

I’m not saying that I didn’t listen to bands like Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Prince, the Fixx. I mean I had to listen to something that the girls liked if I was trying to get in their pants.

I would say that it is a fuck you attitude, lots of distortion with barely understandable lyrics.

Something your parents would disapprove of, something your girlfriend wouldn’t listen to it, something that you could go see live and get into a mosh pit and throw your elbows up. When I went to see the shows back in the day there was a lot of leather, chains, skinheads, Doc Martin, and lots of mohawks, Liberty spikes and greasy hair. Something that made sex drugs and rock ‘n’ roll blush.

I’m not saying this is the definition of punk rock proper, that’s all I could find as I’m driving down the road

Amazing that it sounds like the people I grew up with in the mid 60s. First time I was ever arrested was for giving a cop the finger when I was 14

I barely just watched it through a couple of years ago. I never watched it while it ran. I FUCKING hated it at first. Thought Steve Carrell was so fucking annoying, but I powered thru the first few episodes, maybe even the first season, and somehow that fucker plants its seeds.

Now? I think it may be the most re-watchable tv show of all-time.
The first season has a completely different feel than the rest of the show. They tried to make Michael Scott the American David Brent... it did not work so good.

Ramones
Minor Threat
Dead Kennedys
Bad Religion