March Madnes 2021 NCAA Tournament

PAC-12. Definitely a better conference than the Big Ten.

PAC got hot at the right time. But you can’t just throw out the regular season. Big Ten was a grind week after week. Then throw in Covid on top of that

This was a year dominated by two teams. Illinois gave Baylor a decent game until mid-2nd half and then Baylor pulled away earlier in the regular season.

#3-#30 was a crap shoot week in/week out and a revolving door. Just look at what UCLA did as an example.

No, they were actually better. Lol.

oh boy :L

Yes cuz they blew out Gonzaga from start to finish huh. Goodness you stat geeks have no shame. Wth is wrong with you son? Did you see that game last night?

it’s the internet stat squad coming in hot!!

geek finger GIF

Meh. It’s just one year. Was that true this year ? Absolutely, but it’s not like the Pac has been great in the tournament the last couple years and every year is different and you can’t really judge in hindsight especially this year.
2019- PAC 12 had 3 in tournament, only 4-3, only 1 made Sweet 16, B1G had 8 and went 13-8 with Michigan St. in Final 4
2018- PAC 12 had 3 in tournament, went 0-3, B1G went 9-4, Michigan made Championship
The PAC was primed in 2019/2020 go, so let's not forget that.

Last edited:
Gee Wally KU was better than Baylor this year on defense huh?? Lolol

yes Beaver... but they gave up 102 points to the Zags

:L

USC gave up 85. Got beat by 20

FFSA

USC gave up 85. Got beat by 20
USC, consider the source, was way better than the game they played.

They were severely out coached in their Gonzaga matchup.

Likely one of the best PAC's best defenses in the Conference in 2020/2021.

oh boy :facepalm:

Yes cuz they blew out Gonzaga from start to finish huh. Goodness you stat geeks have no shame. Wth is wrong with you son? Did you see that game last night?

Wow. How much of a dumbass am I not to base everything off of one game? That's definitely the way to assess teams. Lol.

Baylor was very good last last night. With that said Gonzaga still shot over 50% from the field, and missed alot of wide open 3's.

USC, consider the source, was way better than the game they played.

They were severely out coached in their Gonzaga matchup.

Likely one of the best PAC's best defenses in the Conference in 2020/2021.

Sounds like the Illinois Loyola game. I hear you man Pac-12 did really good in the tournament. But there was only one team all year that was going to bear Gonzaga and they just whipped their ass.

that’s what great perimeter defense does

Hell Vita I’m surprised you’re alive after the UCLA Michigan State game haha. I was pulling for the Bruins that was a helluva last game for them

Wow. How much of a dumbass am I not to base everything off of one game? That's definitely the way to assess teams. Lol.

Baylor was very good last last night. With that said Gonzaga still shot over 50% from the field, and missed alot of wide open 3's.

Because you’re a waterboy. H2H against the same opponent and look what happened. It’s not rocket science :facepalm:

There was no team better than Baylor on defense all year. I don’t care what your stat book tells you lol

“Let’s throw out the H2H against the same opponent and look at the overall body of work”

—the equipment manager

Sounds like the Illinois Loyola game. I hear you man Pac-12 did really good in the tournament. But there was only one team all year that was going to bear Gonzaga and they just whipped their ass.

that’s what great perimeter defense does

Hell Vita I’m surprised you’re alive after the UCLA Michigan State game haha. I was pulling for the Bruins that was a helluva last game for them
Ya gotta wonder if the UCLA's game plan blueprint helped the Bears out.

Just speculating here, but I'd guess if the Zags blew the doors off of the Bruins, like they did with every other team in the tourney prior, Baylor has a totally different concept of what they needed to do, and the game is a much different contest all together from what we all saw.

In other words, You're Welcome Waco!

Because you’re a waterboy. H2H against the same opponent and look what happened. It’s not rocket science :facepalm:

There was no team better than Baylor on defense all year. I don’t care what your stat book tells you lol

Lmao. I'll be waiting to hear about your illustrious playing career that you had.

Baylor was a very good defensive team all season. And they were great last night. But basing something on one(or in this case two data points) is objectively a dumb thing to do. I mean I remember watching Baylor give up 83 to Oklahoma State in the Big 12 tournament. Which was like 3 and a half weeks ago.

This just in...

Baylor 86
Gonzaga 70 (20+ under their average)

Just speculating here, but I'd guess if the Zags blew the doors off of the Bruins, like they did with every other team in the tourney prior, Baylor has a totally different concept of what they needed to do, and the game is a much different contest all together from what we all saw.

Baylor was just Baylor. As soon as you get it past half court, they are in your shorts. And they can hit shots

Meh.

That was such an ass whoopin they could have won that game with no gamplan.

The biggest thing is Gonzaga got murdered on the boards.

That was such an ass whoopin they could have won that game with no gamplan.
Really, with no game plan, and you want us all to take you seriously?

Anyone can cherry pick stats, they are all after the fact.

The Zags were out scored by the difference, save a point on 3's alone, so if they hang with Baylor on 3's it's a different game?

No, it's about executing a plan to get the stats to work in your favor, and game plans and execution of those game plans win you the stats.

That's how it has always worked @jontaejones, we use game states to plan the sets, not to grant the winner.

That just tells the story of the game plan;

This was a year dominated by two teams. Illinois gave Baylor a decent game until mid-2nd half and then Baylor pulled away earlier in the regular season.

#3-#30 was a crap shoot week in/week out and a revolving door. Just look at what UCLA did as an example.

Illinois isn't even the best team in their own state.

Illinois isn't even the best team in their own state.

Loyola had the better coach no doubt. All we had to do is throw a different look aka Zone at Loyola. Beavers did that and the Ramblers couldn’t go back door. Those pesky Ramblers