2024 Season Thread

Didn't they do really well until they screwed themselves over at Talladega?
Indeed, the Ford camp had P1 and P2 locked up until McDowell went batshit block crazy in the final half mile of the race. You can't use a restrictor plate track as a measuring stick of speed over the season, though. Over the course of the 2024 season, the Fords have proven to be way behind the curve on speed, and the numbers prove it. The Ford camp is dangerously close to having only 1 driver (Blaney) in playoff contention. They are behind.

Indeed, the Ford camp had P1 and P2 locked up until McDowell went batshit block crazy in the final half mile of the race. You can't use a restrictor plate track as a measuring stick of speed over the season, though. Over the course of the 2024 season, the Fords have proven to be way behind the curve on speed, and the numbers prove it. The Ford camp is dangerously close to having only 1 driver (Blaney) in playoff contention. They are behind.
Yep, the biggest shock is RFR. They ran really well the 2nd half of 2023. Brad has been absolute dog shit so far.

Ford was off last season too. Pretty sure Blaney was the only Ford to win a non super speedway or road course race.

The 10 and the 14 for SHR look far better than they did last year. 41 looks about the same, but Preece is shit. 4 is significantly worse, but it’s a 30 something year old rookie replacing an all time great

Well that was a hell of a finish

Buescher crossed the first. Somebody needs to kill Rick Hendrick

lol no he didn’t. I was hoping Buescher would have won.
Announced as the winner first. Reverse drivers, they don’t change the initial call. If I’m Buescher, I’m junking every Hendrick driver at Darlington next week in protest

Lmfao love the tears from the Hendrick conspiracy loons.

And Larson calls for more 1.5 mile races instead of fixing the short track package. I just don’t see how he has the fans he does

So whats the deal with an uneven finish line stripe?

I love how Hendrick keeps pushing Chase Elliot as the face of their company when he is a very clear 3rd best driver on the team, despite getting Hendricks best stuff on his car every week.

I love how Hendrick keeps pushing Chase Elliot as the face of their company when he is a very clear 3rd best driver on the team, despite getting Hendricks best stuff on his car every week.
Most of Elliott’s wins are at road courses and plate tracks. He’d pretty much be a modern Sterling Marlin without top of the line equipment, respectable, but nothing special. I grew up and still live pretty close to Dawsonville, and despite never being a fan of his dad, I was gonna do the unthinkable and pull for a Hendrick driver, but then the way he won his first truck race and the justification he gave told me he was nothing but a silver spooned spoiled brat, and my opinion of him hasn’t changed since then

I don’t think he’d have 3 career wins if he had AJ Allmendinger’s rides

And maybe I’m wrong, but after Elliott’s temper tantrum last year, it feels like Larson has passed Elliott as the most popular driver. Which is kind of a shame. Larson should have had to do like Kurt Busch and drive for shit box teams for a couple seasons before getting another shot in a real ride

Harvick retired, and I don’t really see anyone in the field I like enough to call my favorite. I’ll always be an RCR fan, but I hated Busch too long for him to be my favorite, and Austin Dillon sucks. Like he went from a 10th-15th place driver that would get a win every couple seasons to riding around 25th while his teammate is running in the top 5. Truex is too old and probably retiring soon too. I like Gragson and Briscoe, but not to that extent.

Chase doesn't have the wins that his teammates have, but he's got the 2nd best average finish this season, and he ended up with 5th best average finish last year, and that's with missing what, 9 races?

Chase doesn't have the wins that his teammates have, but he's got the 2nd best average finish this season, and he ended up with 5th best average finish last year, and that's with missing what, 9 races?
Missed races don’t count against the average finish. He’s a good bit behind Byron and Larson, but he’s significantly better than Hack Bowman(hell, Cody Ware is at least par with Bowman as a wheelman)

So whats the deal with an uneven finish line stripe?
It doesn't really matter, Nascar uses a laser timing line to track actual scoring loops, and they used a high speed camera to determine the winner. Anyone claiming the 17 is the rightful winner are delusional twats who think everyone deserves a participation award.