Jalen Hurts Wants 45 Million Per Year Deal

He'll only see 3 years at most of that deal.

Learn to NFL math.
100 is guaranteed right?

If so I don’t think he is worried. If that is his last contract then he should be able to live off of it the rest of his life.

100 is guaranteed right?

If so I don’t think he is worried. If that is his last contract then he should be able to live off of it the rest of his life.
I think the likely amount is close to 3/100. The 4th year at $50m will never ever be exercised.

And I fully expect Hurts to reset the QB pay scale. 4/200, fully guaranteed.

I don't think he's signing a shorter contract than Watson.
would depend on if he values an extra year of guaranteed money or get his next contract a year earlier.

interested to see what Jones potential extra $35M in incentives are.

I don't think he's signing a shorter contract than Watson.
If he's smart he does. Price of QB's is going to keep gettin reset. 4/200 sets him for life if he gets injured, protects him if he sucks from here on out, and puts him back on the market for the season he will be playing at 29.

If I'm a pro athlete I say forget these super long contracts. Give me max dollar to my 29th year. Think of how much better it sounds to sign a 29 year old QB than a 30 year old QB to a multi year deal.

3rd contract is when you want as many years as you can. Unless you are talking baseball, then sign a 12 year deal if you can get it since it is all fully guaranteed. Rookie deal to get you through 24-25, 4 year deal to 29, sunset deal can be any length you want that takes you into your mid 30's.

Interested to see how much more Jones is going to cost this year than the $22m his 5th year option would have cost.

I mean after seeing Daniel freaking Jones got and what Lamar will get not sure Philly has a choice here.

Daniel Jones just got 40 million a year from the Giants.

I like the kid but geez.

Interested to see how much more Jones is going to cost this year than the $22m his 5th year option would have cost.
Supposedly it’s dropping to 18.5.

Supposedly it’s dropping to 18.5.
Yeah from my quick scan that sounds about right, but I can't keep up with how the signing bonus is spread over the years. I think it was 10m base and 36 spread over the likely length of contract so probably 4 years. That would get right to 19m with unofficial math, so they did save money this year. damn.

Yeah from my quick scan that sounds about right, but I can't keep up with how the signing bonus is spread over the years. I think it was 10m base and 36 spread over the likely length of contract so probably 4 years. That would get right to 19m with unofficial math, so they did save money this year. damn.
$45 million cap number in 2024. Lulz.