Softball?

When I first started doing it I felt like Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own. Being raised by a Marine and without sisters there was a curve to climb. Ha.
I'm the oldest of 5 brothers with parents who conceived me when they were 16 and I'm former military myself. I'm right there with you, brother.

Had that been my first ever grade school coaching gig I probably would've failed miserably that season.

I'm the oldest of 5 brothers with parents who conceived me when they were 16 and I'm former military myself. I'm right there with you, brother.

Had that been my first ever grade school coaching gig I probably would've failed miserably that season.
Tom Hanks Baseball GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

.....but there can be in softball.....

OU 30-0 now with Texas series coming up.

I coached 12-14 year old girls basketball one year. I had only 7 girls on the team. Early in the season we played against a team with 15+ and we began to wear down in the middle of the 3rd quarter and eventually lost the game because my team was gassed. In that moment, I realized we've gotta improve our stamina if we want to challenge for a conference championship.

I started the following practice by sitting all of the girls down around a cafeteria table for game review - detailing to them why we lost that game and what we needed to do to be able to compete for a championship. No girls want to run more in practice, but I was able to compassionately illuminate the positive benefit of doing so and they bought in better than I expected them to.
I've coached both boys and girls, and in general the approach has to be different. In my experience, boys can be more stubborn (I relate it to a boy butting heads with his dad). Girls I've coached would run through a damn brick wall if you told them to, and seem to take a loss harder for letting you down than for actually losing. Just my experience, obviously.

I've coached both boys and girls, and in general the approach has to be different. In my experience, boys can be more stubborn (I relate it to a boy butting heads with his dad). Girls I've coached would run through a damn brick wall if you told them to, and seem to take a loss harder for letting you down than for actually losing. Just my experience, obviously.
Totally my experience as well. They will dedicate and run hard. They will also fall apart harder when losing big games. I wasn’t prepared for that....ha

OU runs rules #7 Texas 11-1. 50 straight reg season games won in a row in Big 12.

Back to back run rules of Texas. Oklahoma now has the 3rd longest winning streak ever. Going for the sweep tomorrow.

Welp, the streak is over. Georgia walks off the Sooners in the 9th.

Yeah and then OU takes out frustration in game 2 run ruling Georgia 12-3.

Ever coached any of her teams? As bad as it is in the bleachers it’s so much worse in the dug out with them. Other than that annoyance they play a beautiful game at all levels (well....older than 10-11 anyway).

my sister played aau and d1 softball. I sign off on all of this
My daughter plays, and I love watching the college game, but that dugout chanting makes me want to choke a puppy.

Oklahoma wins the Big 12 regular season and Big 12 tourny once again. Now off to the post season.

OU beats Wichita St. 24 - 7 to advance to Super Regional.

College World Series in Oklahoma City is set.

Here is the bracket.....

Don't fuck around with Cinderella. Send them home quickly.

2 elimination games today. Alabama vs Florida St. and Oklahoma vs James Madison. Championship series to follow.