Softball?

Oklahoma advances to the championship series to play the winner of Florida St. and Alabama. Boomer!

5a741c10-6332-4a16-b1c9-13aa562ca36d_text.gif

OU vs Florida St. for all the marbles.

Sooners beat Florida State. Game 3 tomorrow night for the Naional Title.

Tomorrow at 2 o-fucking-clock in the afternoon. Total bullshit.

Tomorrow at 2 o-fucking-clock in the afternoon. Total bullshit.

No shit. This is arguably the most popular collegiate women's sport. Hell it's more popular than WNBA so it's the biggest women's sport in the nation period outside of the women's world cup.

And they are having a national championship at 2 PM on a Thursday when most of us can't watch. They crammed games in earlier. I found out about the Oklahoma State Florida State elimination game score the morning after because of delays they started that one at 12:30 in the morning. It's a national fucking championship in a sport people care about. There is no reason not move those games to the next day and just push it back a bit. The CWS spreads over two weeks to allow teams to keep their front line starters fresh. Softball is different because they can throw their best pitchers every night but you still need time to keep your best players fresh.

Ba$eball. They can't have WCW$ broadca$t interferring with their MLB broadca$t$ 2 day$ in a row.

Watching Alo play reminds me of watching AD play football. I remember thinking, in his last year at OU, how I would miss watching him play and do the things only he could do. The same goes with Alo. Glad we have her for one more year.

I also want to give a shout out to Donihoo which will most likely be the MVP. My kids go to Mustang and are friends with her and her sister Madison. Both have stayed the night at my house a couple times. Real good family. Very happy for her.

Gotta say I’m loving what the lady Noles have been able to do. I haven’t wanted to come crap on this thread all cocky, because I didn’t even start following until this weekend. But, whatever happens today they clawed their way here and drove this amazing OK squad to a rubber match for the title.

I want to see the Noles win, but I’ll be happy either way as this OK team is amazing.

What I don’t like is that it’s at 3. That’s bullshit, and it needs to change. I say this as someone who doesn’t have ESPN and won’t be seeking out their streams for anything, but it’s a slap on the face. They all play an exciting game of ball and the final championship game should have prime time without a doubt.

Gotta say I’m loving what the lady Noles have been able to do. I haven’t wanted to come crap on this thread all cocky, because I didn’t even start following until this weekend. But, whatever happens today they clawed their way here and drove this amazing OK squad to a rubber match for the title.

I want to see the Noles win, but I’ll be happy either way as this OK team is amazing.

What I don’t like is that it’s at 3. That’s bullshit, and it needs to change. I say this as someone who doesn’t have ESPN and won’t be seeking out their streams for anything, but it’s a slap on the face. They all play an exciting game of ball and the final championship game should have prime time without a doubt.
Yeah the first 2 were in primetime but due to the Nba playoffs and baseball they couldn't give softball that time slot. Softball has grown 300% and is very popular now so thats a shame. Fsu has a good coach and humble team. If OU can't win it then Im glad its them.

Yeah the first 2 were in primetime but due to the Nba playoffs and baseball they couldn't give softball that time slot. Softball has grown 300% and is very popular now so thats a shame. Fsu has a good coach and humble team. If OU can't win it then Im glad its them.
It’s pretty clear to me. ESPN has many channels. They just didn’t want it competing with the big money sports like you mentioned. It’s business, so it is what it is. But, it’s also bullshit.

Hell, imagine how much subscription growth they could get in their streaming platform if they at least made it prime time on streaming only?

Not feeling good so far. The OK pitcher is very good at not letting them get the ball on the ground.

And as I say this a two run deficit goes to four. Not looking good.

I guess the Noles would need about 5-6 balls to get lost in the sun at this point.

Well, Congrats to the lady Sooners. I honestly felt that whoever came out of FSU-Alabama was a lamb for slaughter and would be gone in two.

But, the fact there was a game today was proof they weren’t a lamb. Very proud of how the lady Noles fought, just wish they had an answer for the Sooners pitcher today.

Ba$eball. They can't have WCW$ broadca$t interferring with their MLB broadca$t$ 2 day$ in a row.

Watching Alo play reminds me of watching AD play football. I remember thinking, in his last year at OU, how I would miss watching him play and do the things only he could do. The same goes with Alo. Glad we have her for one more year.

That's dumb. Baseball is great but unless it's the Yankees they are getting more eyeballs in primetime with a sport the nation has fell in love with. We are in an era where niche sports capture more attention than traditional sports. I love baseball but I'm not watching a random game on Thursday evening. As a casual viewer watching women's softball is more interesting to me.

Also I'm a little surprised that you feel that way about AD. As a Freshman he was great but afterwards he spent the next couple of years on the shelf due to injuries. I figured durability would be a problem in the NFL but that wasn't an issue. I did enjoy his last game as a squat but for entirely different reasons than you. I was staying at my brother's apartment the night of the game and was the only one rooting for Boise at the place. On the drive to the airport the next day I my brothers roommate decided to turn to the Animal and the meltdown was glorious.

Fun times