The 2022 Road To Omaha Begins Today.

Good match-ups today..

#24 Long Beach St vs #4 Mississippi St
Cal St Fullerton vs #6 Stanford
#7 Oklahoma St vs #3 Vanderbilt
Rice vs #1 Texas
Michigan vs #14 Texas Tech
Auburn vs Oklahoma

Clemson easily routed Indiana. Monte has a short leash this year. Super Regional or pack your bags

Illinois St beat #2 Arkansas 3-2
Baseball is an "any given day" sport, but that one surprises me considering Arky has no excuse not to have their best on the mound.

Preposterous. Bryant won in extras

Clemson with the sweep. But a lot of concerning trends from past seasons. High strikeouts and lots of men left on base. Able to get the big clutch hit today tho with the walkoff

Fuck the CWS. It's just a corporate fucking nightmare now.

I miss getting in the GA line at 8am for a 2 game session and sitting in metal bleachers in 97 degree heat for 7 hours because Nebraska was playing in game 2. Mostly because I would spend $30 max.

Feels like it would be something that I have budget for now. And fuck all that.

Fuck the CWS. It's just a corporate fucking nightmare now.

I miss getting in the GA line at 8am for a 2 game session and sitting in metal bleachers in 97 degree heat for 7 hours because Nebraska was playing in game 2. Mostly because I would spend $30 max.

Feels like it would be something that I have budget for now. And fuck all that.

So you only went to (or liked) the CWS when Nebraska was in it? Nebraska hasn't played in it since 2005.

Of course costs are going to be higher 15 years later. A low end 'reserved' seat is still only $20. GA's can still be had for $10 or even cheaper depending on the teams or whether it's a losers bracket elimination game.

I haven't sat in the GA's since I was a kid in the 70's when mom would give my brother and I $2 each to get in and get something from the concession stand.

If you live in Omaha and don't know someone to get CWS tickets from on the cheap (either reserved or GA), you're doing something wrong.

Huskers with a 3 game series @ #17 TCU this weekend.

Not a good showing opening weekend going (1-3) against Sam Houston.

View attachment 62692
Clemson faces Hartford. A fucking team that is dropping D3 next year. Whoever scheduled that should get the hell out. Clemson typically schedules a decent opponent and maybe a lighter opponent before the Scar series. But, come on.

Clemson faces Hartford. A fucking team that is dropping D3 next year. Whoever scheduled that should get the hell out. Clemson typically schedules a decent opponent and maybe a lighter opponent before the Scar series. But, come on.

Clemson won't need the RPI like Nebraska will though.

Clemson won't need the RPI like Nebraska will though.
No. But this doesn't really help them get better as a team either. They don't need to be scheduling top tier teams, but at least something that the more casual fans will care about.