1963 Ford Fairlane

302 V8 4 Speed Manual... Just over 100,000 miles in mint condition. The owner is asking for $2,345.

It's a homely little sled, the motor is not original and it's highly likely that the 4 speed stick is aftermarket as well, but if it isn't a basket case of rust underneath and the $2,345 asking price is correct it would be a fine car for your grandmother.

:dhd:

if it isn't a basket case of rust underneath and the $2,345 asking price is correct it would be a fine car for your grandmother.
My grandmother is deceased.

Something isn't right there. No chance something actually in that good of shape is that cheap.

My guess is the price is BS and just to get people looking. 2345 is pretty standard, right up there with saying a car on craigslist is "$1"

Something isn't right there. No chance something actually in that good of shape is that cheap.

My guess is the price is BS and just to get people looking. 2345 is pretty standard, right up there with saying a car on craigslist is "$1"
Tru dat. That little Fairlane is probably worth $12-15k in good condition inside and out. If it had a numbers matching 289 V8 and was all original or restored it could be worth up to twice that although most likely in the low 20's.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't want the 2 door post car, but whatever.

I'm going to go look at it but it does seem that it should be priced higher.

You should call first and get the real asking price before you waste your time with bait and switch assholes.

You should call first and get the real asking price before you waste your time with bait and switch assholes.
I already talked to the guy and he assured me that his asking price is accurate. I'm suspicious but the car is located only 20 miles from here so I'll give it a look.

Just go into it thinking "this is too good to be true". It probably is.

I already talked to the guy and he assured me that his asking price is accurate. I'm suspicious but the car is located only 20 miles from here so I'll give it a look.
no harm in looking if it really is that cheap. Even if the engine or trans is blown, that's a good price assuming the body work isn't just bondo and newspaper.

Don't go alone and don't bring cash.

302 V8 4 Speed Manual... Just over 100,000 miles in mint condition. The owner is asking for $2,345.
When someone lists a price with 4 consecutive numbers (2345) in it, it's a scam.