Boise State - 84.65
UCF - 84.29
Houston - 83.82
LA Tech - 83.74
BYU - 83.69
ECU - 83.67
USF - 83.58

Reactions: Me
6 Programs have won a CFP playoff game. Those teams are currently ranked 1-6 in the recruiting rankings

It's frustrating to see the same teams at the top of college football year after year. For decades I used to like the NFL much better than college football, but in Sept. 2007 I stopped working Saturdays and began to gravitate more towards the college game. However, I'm becoming frustrated watching the same handful of teams at the top of the college football world and I'm starting to drift back to liking the NFL more than college football.

The group of 5 is a different story. The G5 is very cyclical and a wide variety of teams alternate as the upper echelon of the G5. I love watching G5 football. Ball State just won the MAC and San Jose State just won the MWC.....awesome!

The Power 5 talent discrepancy can be alleviated somewhat by allowing the elite high school recruits to go pro immediately out of high school..... perhaps not the NFL right out of high school, but surely the CFL and the XFL for a year or two of seasoning before moving on to the NFL. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson purchased the XFL several months ago, and I hope he makes the league a success..... it would be great if he can get the elite high school recruits to come to the XFL for a season or two instead of college..... especially the kids who are not interested in college academics, but simply want to play football.

It's frustrating to see the same teams at the top of college football year after year. For decades I used to like the NFL much better than college football, but in Sept. 2007 I stopped working Saturdays and began to gravitate more towards the college game. However, I'm becoming frustrated watching the same handful of teams at the top of the college football world and I'm starting to drift back to liking the NFL more than college football.

The group of 5 is a different story. The G5 is very cyclical and a wide variety of teams alternate as the upper echelon of the G5. I love watching G5 football. Ball State just won the MAC and San Jose State just won the MWC.....awesome!

The Power 5 talent discrepancy can be alleviated somewhat by allowing the elite high school recruits to go pro immediately out of high school..... perhaps not the NFL right out of high school, but surely the CFL and the XFL for a year or two of seasoning before moving on to the NFL. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson purchased the XFL several months ago, and I hope he makes the league a success..... it would be great if he can get the elite high school recruits to come to the XFL for a season or two instead of college..... especially the kids who are not interested in college academics, but simply want to play football.
I known I am a broken record, but expanding the playoffs to 8 might distribute the talent more. Also, it's cyclical ... FSU won a NC 5 years ago is now a dumpster fire. Dabo has had every 5* QB work out for him, that rarely happens. Saban will retire one day. UT, OU, UM, PSU, USC, theU will find coaches at some point that will challenge the top tier. UGA is right on the cusp.

Also, let's see what happens when the players start getting paid next year with the NIL legislation ... teams might be attractive for money that can be earned there. That's going to disrupt things. Also, we are a few months from free agency where players get one free transfer. That will shake things up. I've written about it before, but the G5 will get hurt by that when their 2* diamonds in the rough transfer to P5 schools. It will help the teams in the 6-20 tier who aren't top recruiters and will avail themselves of transfers from the 1-6 tier. UF has done this well because Mullen sucks as a recruiter. Tier 1-6 won't be able to stack talent as well if they know they can transfer without sitting out a year. It will be even better if the NCAA passes the rule, but the SEC doesn't allow intra-conference transfers as that means those players going to SEC schools will transfer to other conferences.

The G5 simply needs to split off. They will never get in the CFP and they shouldn't. Their greed keeps them where they are as they want the NY6 bowl money. They should figure out their own G5 CFP ... it would probably be a lot of fun to watch.

5* Camar Wheaten expected to announce today. Come on home big fella.

5* RB Camar Wheaton picking between Bama and OU today. Long time OU lean but Bama has picked up some steam since last night

Bama has picked up 3 CBs this morning

Won't be surprised one way or another. Kid is an enigma

5* RB Camar Wheaton picking between Bama and OU today. Long time OU lean but Bama has picked up some steam since last night

Bama has picked up 3 CBs this morning
...isn't he WAY small for a 'Bama player?

***edit for: HOLY SHIT HOW IN THE FUCK ARE WE PULLING DOWN 6 OF THE TOP 50 PLAYERS??~?~?~?~

Last edited:
With Trey Sanders future in doubt because of a car accident Camar Wheaton and Jace McClellan are gonna give us a great 1/2 punch for the next 2 years

With Trey Sanders future in doubt because of a car accident Camar Wheaton and Jace McClellan are gonna give us a great 1/2 punch for the next 2 years
Shit we finished 2nd for both those guys.

I've said for a while now that which teams will vie for the natty is determined more on NSD than it is in the weight room, practice field, game day, etc. Sure players need to be developed, but if development is done equally, that more talented one will still be a better player at the end. As long as "those" congregate in the same locations, we will continue to get what we've gotten.

Pitt, Missouri, Texas Tech, Cal and Purdue ain't going to be in the hunt for a natty until they move up on several NSDs in a row.

And any school like those mentioned above that moves into one of those top recruiting positions is cheating...or at least that is what the top ones claim.

Shit we finished 2nd for both those guys.
Yup and someone's gonna ride pine. Alabama has the best ride pine recruiting pitch in the nation though so credit them for that.

4 star LB from Hawaii

maryland-terrapins-150x150.png

5-star ILB Terrence Lewis out of Florida, the #1 ranked ILB in the nation for the 2021 class has committed & signed with Maryland.

Terrence Lewis, Miami Central , Inside Linebacker

maryland_terrapins_wordmark_3.png

Looks like USC is favored to get 4* LB Raesjon Davis from Mater Dei.

He had been committed to LSU for nearly a year. Even LSUWire is saying it looks like he'll sign with USC.

Wherever he goes, it won't be announced until next month.

BTW where's the Tristan Leigh news?
1609780486297.png

i know landthieves are pretty upset about this one...