2021 Recruiting Thread

Ok, tell me the purpose of this thread. Is it not to report recruiting news? As for being the talk of the country, who gives a fuck. The UGA guys wanted to try to keep it on the low down, not that it could happen. If you don't want to hear what I know about recruiting, fine.
I'm just joking.. been hearing that the sooner summit was the best ever recruiting weekend ever.. all put together by recruits (with a wee help from 247)

We just landed the no. 2 JUCO player, the no. 1 JUCO CB. We don't do JUCO that often, but they've worked out well under Smart.

No. 2 JUCO to UGA
Yeah, I would think the "biggies" like you guys don't have to go the JUCO route very often. But, I'm one that thinks JUCOs can have some upsides.. If a school make a mistake, it is shorter term one. Unless the JUCO is just done completely wrong, the kids can get some of their high school shit out of them on someone else's time and effort. JMO.

We are fortunate ... we only go JUCO route for a couple reasons: (1) they are the top JUCO recruits ... we've had 2 no. 1s, and 1 no. 2; (2) fill a position of need, mostly with 2 at DL ... big space filling NT guys of which there simply aren't that many; and (3) when kids don't make grades, which happened early in 2016 and 2017, but not since ... Smart simply doesn't risk valuable and limited offers on risky kids we can't get into UGA.

We are fortunate ... we only go JUCO route for a couple reasons: (1) they are the top JUCO recruits ... we've had 2 no. 1s, and 1 no. 2; (2) fill a position of need, mostly with 2 at DL ... big space filling NT guys of which there simply aren't that many; and (3) when kids don't make grades, which happened early in 2016 and 2017, but not since ... Smart simply doesn't risk valuable and limited offers on risky kids we can't get into UGA.
Georgia and other top echelon programs don't have to take such chances. They can attract the same type kid without the risk in most cases. Mid/lower tier P5s and G5s can take a chance on riskier kids only because they can't attract as many unbelievable athletes as the elite schools can. Best example of it is TCU taking Zachary Evans this year. Most of the elite schools said "thanks but no thanks" to him because he has shown to be one royal pain in the ass to date. But the reward may turn out to be worth the risk for schools like TCU. Mybe he'll grow up or they can help him with whatever his issues are. Of course, it could backfire too. Aritie Boy Briles took a lot of great athletes that had questionable character and that didn't turn out too well. But hey, Jerry Tarkanian did the same at UNLV back in the day and he was able to manage them.

Tunmise replacement?
I'm guessing he viewed it that way. He always had the offer, but once the 5 star left, he saw an opening.

You don't think he is, and he might not be, but that's what his rating is
he isn't the best DE in TX, nor is he a DE.. If you really want the better version of him who will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (tunmise will fall), it's Shemar Turner.

he isn't the best DE in TX, nor is he a DE.. If you really want the better version of him who will be a 5 star by the end of the cycle (tunmise will fall), it's Shemar Turner.
Ok

There's some clips of him at a Camp from earlier this summer.. I showed it to the other bucknut fan and Romeo the ou fan.. Tunmise lost weight, still slow footed and got bodied by a 22 kid (kelvin Banks).. who then stopped competing in one on one's. I was kinda hoping he would stick with tosu.. be nice to send a dud that way..

There's some clips of him at a Camp from earlier this summer.. I showed it to the other bucknut fan and Romeo the ou fan.. Tunmise lost weight, still slow footed and got bodied by a 22 kid (kelvin Banks).. who then stopped competing in one on one's. I was kinda hoping he would stick with tosu.. be nice to send a dud that way..
I'm not going to argue with you because I'm not invested enough to watch camp tape.