2022-2023 76ers Season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,697.00
Team expected to exercise their option on Shake Milton next season, which makes a ton of sense. He had a down year but did average 13 ppg two seasons ago and at $2 million next season is a very team-friendly contract.

so, Morey's reported plan to improve is to sign a 37 year old guy to their largest NBA contract and also look into bringing in another old former player he signed. cool.

you're supposed to look for the next PJ and Gordon, not overpay the current over the hill versions.

Melton at $8M vs. Gordon at about $20M, I like it. Can handle the rock, plays good D, and has vastly improved his 3 point shot over his career.

Gotta admit, I don't get why Memphis would do this. Seems like a nice young piece to have in that rotation. They get back a guy that might not play this year and a pick they used on what might have been a potential 2nd round flyer.

Outside of the Tucker rumors, wonder what's out there Daryl can pick up to potentially be in the starting lineup. Even if they brought in Tucker and the addition of Melton, I don't think either of those would be ideal fits next to Harden/Maxey/???/Harris/Embiid.

If they don't move Thybulle, you could insert him in there during the regular season, but unless he improves on offense you know he's not going to get run in the playoffs, so something better would be needed.

Harden opts out of $47.5M.
Expected to sign in mid 30s so Sixers use MLE to sign Tucker to 3/30.
Also have bi-annual at around $4M.

So, former Rockets Tucker, Danuel House, and Trevelin Queen. Hopefully he has some Pat Gillick magic with these.

I have to admit, House was not a name I was tracking at all. probably heard the name before. don't know what the difference is between the biannual and getting someone on the vet min is, but he couldn't have been on that and maybe find someone else for that exception would be my complaint. they were going to do Tucker for whatever reason, hope that toughness can somehow resonate. meh, we'll see. a lot of moves might be left to be made.

Kork heard Embiid saying the team needs to be tougher, bring in guys like PJ, etc and doing his part to say keep me here

Kork heard Embiid saying the team needs to be tougher, bring in guys like PJ, etc and doing his part to say keep me here

Wow, those Philly fans travel well to throw those cups onto the court.....

and this years vet min C is...

well, let's limp into the new season.

ns.png

well, let's limp into the new season.

View attachment 88760
guess this is still doable going into halftime. bit of an ugly first half, where you can tell it's the first game of the season. didn't really watch preseason, so it's been a bit of an eye opener to realize how many new players they picked up that are in the rotation. House, Melton, Harrell, Tucker (man he has an ugly shot, don't know how he hits 40% with it). Niang the only bench player to get any time so far.

@HammerDown the NBA team boards have been hidden for a few months. would be cool to undo that if you could.

I think it's high time to give Harden some credit for coming into this season in vintage Harden style. You can't question that he's balling out there, and the effort and numbers are way, way, way up over last season's trash.

I know the team is currently 1-3, and that's not exciting...but Harden came to play this year. I dogged Harden a LOT last season. Have to give credit when he's earned it too.

I know we're only 5 games in, but that Tucker contract is already looking horrible. Between him and Tobias one or both of them is going to have a horrible matchup to guard. maybe they gel more as the season goes on, but the early results aren't encouraging. I understand they brought in some new guys and that's all Doc wants to seem to use. Can't believe Reed and Milton are getting no run at all. I'd say I guess Thybulle didn't improve at all over the summer on offense, but the fact those two aren't playing makes me question if that's true.

Tucker and Harris on the court together

If the NBA didn't go to the 7-10 play in setup, I would have serious concerns about them making into the top 8 at this point. I'm not too worried about top 10, as 3 of the 15 teams in the conference have no desire to win this season. even that said, at some point this season they need to do like the sixers and fire Doc. Sam Cassell is sitting right there. For years we've seen coaches on their bench go elsewhere and thrive in the HC spot.

fff.png

Don't have the inquirer, but understand this article is as cringe as you would expect it to be.

Morey needs to make the move.