2023 Hurricane Season

Bwwwhahahahaha

owned and knows it

derrrrr, a tropical storm is same as major hurricane. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha. Derrrrrrr

"To put Hurricane Lee's size into perspective, @NWSNHC estimates hurricane winds extend outward a remarkable 110 nm (127 miles) from its center. Since 2004, only four other hurricanes have had 64-kt wind radii as large — Ike (2008), Lorenzo (2019), Teddy (2020), and Sandy (2012)"

Oh boy, watch out Maine…you’re gonna get 1-3” of rain. Ahhhhhhh, run for cover. Derp

Called it. Storm fizzled out...not even making landfall in US. Called that too.

BooM...I'm a meteorologist now.

Nova Scotia: 100,000 without power
Maine: 40,000 without power

1 dead from a tree falling on his car.

"iT FiZZLeD oUt ThO" ...... DERRRRR

BTW I called Nova Scotia landfall 10 days ago on Sept 7th.

Wow, there's some bad information in that press release meant to push the Global Warming/Climate Change narrative.

"The Atlantic basin saw 20 named storms in 2023, which ranks fourth for the most-named storms in a year since 1950. Seven storms were hurricanes and three intensified to major hurricanes. An average season has 14 named storms, seven hurricanes and three major hurricanes."

So it was an average season regarding intensity.

They say "since 1950". That is misleading.
2023 is tied for 4th with 1933 which also had 20 named storms. Yeah, 90 years ago we also had Global Warming/Climate Change.
Why not just say "most named storms since 1933".
Why did they say 2023 "ranks 4th", instead of being truthful in that it's tied for 4th?

Also take into account that many of these current tropical systems are classified 'Tropical Storms" and "Named" based entirely on satellite data. They're too far out to sea where recon aircraft can't reach them.
Prior to satellites (late 60s) many were never classified as Tropical Storms and named. It's highly likely that 1933 and others (before and after) had more tropical systems that would have been classified as Tropical Storms if there had been satellite data. i.e. Tied for 4th is highly unlikely to be accurate.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not challenging the satellite data. In the last 10-15 years our weather satellites have become considerably more advanced and accurate regarding forecasting future strength (dry air, wind sheer), current barometric pressure, wind speed, and even if there's an eyewall.

I trust the accuracy of satellite data since it closely resembles actual recon data. However, that satellite data has only been accurate the last 15 years or so.

NOAA needs to be truthful regarding numbers and intensities of modern time technology compared to decades ago, instead of fear mongering and trying to establish a narrative.