2023 Playoff Thread

And Dumba spent his time laughing in the penalty box.

Typical Minnesota trash.

Start with this...

Dumba Kronwalled Pavelski.

I was watching live when it happened and I wasn't sure what the refs were gonna settle on during the video review - could've been anything from "no penalty" to "game misconduct". They ultimately called 2-minute "roughing" on Dumba, but it really should've been "interference" in my opinion. Given that the hit resulted in an injury, they pretty much had to call something or the game might've gotten out of hand with retaliations. Still gonna be a hot series regardless.

To be honest, I was annoyed by the call - not because of last night's decision, but because of Kronwall's game 7 suspension after a very similar hit on Kucherov in game 6 (about a decade? ago) that did not result in an injury. My biggest beef with the NHL is their inconsistencies with punishment.

Dumba Kronwalled Pavelski.

I was watching live when it happened and I wasn't sure what the refs were gonna settle on during the video review - could've been anything from "no penalty" to "game misconduct". They ultimately called 2-minute "roughing" on Dumba, but it really should've been "interference" in my opinion. Given that the hit resulted in an injury, they pretty much had to call something or the game might've gotten out of hand with retaliations. Still gonna be a hot series regardless.

To be honest, I was annoyed by the call - not because of last night's decision, but because of Kronwall's game 7 suspension after a very similar hit on Kucherov in game 6 (about a decade? ago) that did not result in an injury. My biggest beef with the NHL is their inconsistencies with punishment.
refs sucked ass last night. Dumba clearly launched at Pavelski and just a minor? Obvious trip at the end of OT1, missed high stick on Tyler right in front of the damn goal. They missed the cross check Dallas did in front of the goal as well, so the refs had their heads up their asses against both teams.

refs sucked ass last night. Dumba clearly launched at Pavelski and just a minor? Obvious trip at the end of OT1, missed high stick on Tyler right in front of the damn goal. They missed the cross check Dallas did in front of the goal as well, so the refs had their heads up their asses against both teams.
Yeah, the actual contact was shoulder to shoulder, but the force was upward toward the head and Pavelski was in a vulnerable position. To be honest, I thought the 5-minute major they originally called was a good "middle ground" result since the hit was a bit reckless and resulted in an injury.

Yeah, the actual contact was shoulder to shoulder, but the force was upward toward the head and Pavelski was in a vulnerable position. To be honest, I thought the 5-minute major they originally called was a good "middle ground" result since the hit was a bit reckless and resulted in an injury.
Agree, 5 minute would have been good. To compound the issue by giving Dallas an offsetting 2 minute and then a 10 minute continuation was just stupid.

First Kraken playoff appearance tonight.

homer simpson chuckle GIF

3-0 against Winnipeg on the season, hopefully carry that over into the post and make it 7-0.

Playoff hockey baby! Suter is next!!

EAST
Carolina over N.Y. Islanders
N.Y. Rangers over New Jersey
Boston over Florida
Tampa over Toronto

WEST
Edmonton over L.A. Kings
Vegas over Winnipeg
Dallas over Minnesota
Colorado over Seattle

I mean his right foot comes off the ice as he moves upwards towards pavelskis head, that's a launch.

Nope, Pavelski isn't standing still when he hits him, he's moving as well and Dumba obviously gets off balance and flies back into the boards

Nope, Pavelski isn't standing still when he hits him, he's moving as well and Dumba obviously gets off balance and flies back into the boards
Nope, he knew what he was doing. he launched and then he laughed about it. Wild fans better hope they don't get up 3-0 and are winning in the 4th game, because someone is going to cross check him in the throat if it looks like we are out of the playoffs.

And he deserves it.

When Norm Green the piece of shit changed the name I knew they were leaving! Minnesota should have retained the name North "Stars"
1999 must still really hurt. :dhd: