GAME 2023 Selection Sunday Thread 6pm ET CBS

Villanova will continue it's season as an unseeded team in the NIT, unlike those pompous prima-donnas from Chapel Hill.

Nova will take on #2 seed Liberty from the uh ... ASUN. Lost out to Kennesaw State.

Anyone interested in a tournament challenge on ESPN for some sports cash for the winners based on how many participants we get?

ESPNs desperation to try to make women’s basketball as relevant as men’s continues to be comedy. Just went to their front page and it’s plastered like the women’s tourney is the more important one

so don't click on the links?

My FF:

Baylor
Memphis
Houston
UConn

Also, the West Regional is fucking loaded. Geez
Baylor's got to turn it around. They have the guard play that March Madness demands. But, damn, they were leaking oil coming down the home stretch.

fuck all you basketball people.....
volleyball fail GIF

Iowa gets to play Auburn in Birmingham

LOL
We had to play Cincy in Ohio in 19 as the 7 seed vs their 10

It's whatever. Auburn cant shoot so as long as we make shots we will be fine

lol forgot..you have a live psu team to play
It's ok, we are pissed off once again and when pissed off our team is even more dangerous. We have a much better resume than fucking Miami, but the selection committee are a bunch of butthurt cunts after getting called out last year. Fuck em. And fuck Jexas too. :suds:

In the history of the NCAA tourney a 5 has never played a 7. Learn something new every day!

Anyone interested in a tournament challenge on ESPN for some sports cash for the winners based on how many participants we get?

Somebody usually organizes something...

Oh, great. The Greensboro games are on Friday/Sunday when I will be out of town.

also wonder if this is the first time that there will be zero ACC teams present at a NCAAT site in Greensboro. Thank god for Kentucky. I will be rooting for them to make the Sweet 16. Please give us all your money, Wildcat fans

Could you help me get all the people that would be interested in something like that

@iowajerms set it up last year.

Or if you want ... the ESPN tournament challenge group name is ... HooplaNation's Group

I do not know how to set up such things.

It's ok, we are pissed off once again and when pissed off our team is even more dangerous. We have a much better resume than fucking Miami, but the selection committee are a bunch of butthurt cunts after getting called out last year. Fuck em. And fuck Jexas too. :beer2:
i know you don't want to hear this BUT..

committee was consistent sir...

They HATE Quad 4 losses.. Y'all had two

Utah St with a net of 10 or something had 2 Quad 4 losses and ended up as a 10th seed
KY and TCU both had 1 Quad 4 loss and they both were ranked as 6th seeds

If you schedule weak OOC teams.. you better beat them or it will comeback to bite you.

I think the bracket is reasonable.

I think Marquette caught a break because they were the lowest 2 and are matched up with easily the worst 1 and get to play in MSG if that game happens. I think it;s because they wanted to have Texas-Houston play for the right to go to the Final 4. They should have swapped Arizona and Marquette.

I also think the region for Texas-Houston is pretty soft and they did it that way on purpose.

West is stacked. South is pretty strong too.

I like at least a couple of the B1G teams to play above their seed, but hard to say which one, they are too similar. But I think they are somewhat better than what they were seeded in general. But I think Michigan State and Northwestern are best poised to do something.

Major injuries to Xavier, UCLA, Tennessee.

Baylor's got to turn it around. They have the guard play that March Madness demands. But, damn, they were leaking oil coming down the home stretch.
They’re going to get blown out in the first round by the mighty Gauchos from UCSB.