Poll 2024 Hall of Fame Ballot

Who Would You Vote In (up to 10)?

• Total voters
Utley is my fringe homer pick. Won't get mad if any of the juicers get in, but I wouldn't vote for them.

Beltre
Beltran
Andruw Jones
Helton
Mauer
Sheffield
Manny Ramirez
Alex Rodriguez
Utley

Need Manny in there to help the Rays with their HOF representation.

Vizquel might be the most overrated player of all-time

Beltre is the only answer here
Beltre is the clear answer. Guys like Mauer and Jones are fringe guys who belong (neither would set the floor low, IMO). Utley had the peak but not the career. Helton got helped a bit by Coors, but I don't think his stats were super inflated by playing in Denver.

The real question is whether Tony LaRussa is able to twist enough arms to get writers to pretend that Beltran shouldn't face the same punishment as the juicers.

Imho, only Beltre, Jones and Mauer belong from this class. And none are anywhere close to “inner-circle” HOFers. This is the absolute dictionary definition of a meh ballot.

While I voted for 3, I actually hope only Beltre gets in. But I would not be pissed if more of the fringey guys get in. A lot of solid borderline guys there.

Beltre is the clear answer. Guys like Mauer and Jones are fringe guys who belong (neither would set the floor low, IMO). Utley had the peak but not the career. Helton got helped a bit by Coors, but I don't think his stats were super inflated by playing in Denver.

The real question is whether Tony LaRussa is able to twist enough arms to get writers to pretend that Beltran shouldn't face the same punishment as the juicers.
The peak is where I have the issue with any HOF. It should be a player at his peak, not longevity IMO. Plus with baseball we are getting into this ugly period of regionalization. Ask an average baseball fan if Mauer or Jones should get in, I’d bet most would say no. But their fans can make a great argument and fans are more knowledgeable about individual players than most the writers.

poor poor baseball

im embarrassed
Let's talk about it.

bunny asks GIF

The peak is where I have the issue with any HOF. It should be a player at his peak, not longevity IMO. Plus with baseball we are getting into this ugly period of regionalization. Ask an average baseball fan if Mauer or Jones should get in, I’d bet most would say no. But their fans can make a great argument and fans are more knowledgeable about individual players than most the writers.
At this point, we're going to start having discussions about where the floor is, because we're now really through the point of a "backlog" of HoF guys. There shouldn't be a distinction for "first ballot" (there wasn't anyway, there isn't a first ballot section of the Hall in Cooperstown to begin with) and hopefully we get to the understanding that if a guy is a HoFer, just vote him in. There will be very few times where a multitude of shoo-in guys comes up for election at any given time, so it's going to be "should X guy get voted in if Y guy is there?"

Hopefully that Baines inclusion doesn't dilute the Hall too badly.

At this point, we're going to start having discussions about where the floor is, because we're now really through the point of a "backlog" of HoF guys. There shouldn't be a distinction for "first ballot" (there wasn't anyway, there isn't a first ballot section of the Hall in Cooperstown to begin with) and hopefully we get to the understanding that if a guy is a HoFer, just vote him in. There will be very few times where a multitude of shoo-in guys comes up for election at any given time, so it's going to be "should X guy get voted in if Y guy is there?"

Hopefully that Baines inclusion doesn't dilute the Hall too badly.

I'd say the VC has put in more questionable HOFers than the BBWAA. There are plenty of idiots and the occasional attention whore (i'M sUbMiTtInG a BlAnK BaLLoT) in the BBWAA still, but I think they do a much better job in regards to award voting and electing HOFers than they did in the past.

Andruw
Omar
Torii
Beltre
Bartolo

No one until Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are in.
Voting for ARod here would go a long way in letting those two in. Which is why no one will vote for him.