March Madnes 2024 NCAA Tournament: Sweet 16/Elite 8

Absolutely it was a foul but it was as weak as the shove in the back on the free throw that got Iowa the rebound after the Clark miss. That weak shit shouldn't be called at that point of the game.

You have the people that say if it was a found the first 39 minutes then it is a foul at that point too but I vehemently disagree. A game should be decided by the players and if that means weathering a bit of an illegal screen of a small shove in the back on a box out then so be it

I laughed when the announcer said "this is the most important free throw of Clark's career".

Then she missed. :dhd:

Absolutely it was a foul but it was as weak as the shove in the back on the free throw that got Iowa the rebound after the Clark miss. That weak shit shouldn't be called at that point of the game.

You have the people that say if it was a found the first 39 minutes then it is a foul at that point too but I vehemently disagree. A game should be decided by the players and if that means weathering a bit of an illegal screen of a small shove in the back on a box out then so be it
The game was decided by the players. Edwards was running around like a chicken with her head cut off there and threw the sloppiest screen in the history of basketball. This wasn't a 50/50 call where the refs should have swallowed their whistle. An offensive player that was constantly moving decided to throw a moving screen to give their team a 5-on-4 advantage.

seriously. she looks like a fat guy at a buffet that can't decide if he wants to start in the fried chicken section or the ribs section.

the illegal screen would have created an easy pick 'n roll or pick 'n pop situation for UConn.

lol, that was probably the worst attempt at a screen I have ever seen. The UConn player was never set. Obvious call. Controversial, sure, because everyone hates an offensive foul on a screen. Still a foul, tho.

I mean screens are set like this all the time and rarely you see this called

Also Iowa v USC is the game I wanted anyway, so good on the refs :thumb:

I mean screens are set like this all the time and rarely you see this called
lol, not to that extent. she wasn't anywhere close to being set for a screen. it wasn't the fact that she was moving around a little bit, she was moving around like an uncoordinated goof with 50,000+ posts on sportshoopla. the illegal screen that she set created a clear pick 'n pop situation for UConn if Bueckers hit Edwards with a clean pass.

there wasn't a second during that entire possession where Edwards was stationary. it's comical this is even a discussion.

don't want refs to call a foul during the last possession? don't fuck up a screen. pretty simple stuff.