Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Keep an eye on Princewill's brother... would likely start at DE day one if he came here and I think he could

We even have space for another edge? I understand he's good, but assuming guys we have develop and with Ty and Nash back, pretty full room right?

Hell no it's not a loss.

His only other P5 offer is from Iowa.

I posted last June that Nebraska was offering kids that nobody else wanted. That's Bo Pelini shit.
I was called a hater and that Rhule knew what he was looking for and that these guys are diamonds in the rough. LOL

If you're gonna piss away schollies then piss them away in the portal.

Smart money is on either McCord or Shapen at this point IMO, but McCord has some hang ups that might mean Nebraska moves on. I think he likes Rhule and Sat and he wants to come here but there are a few things he doesn't like about playing at Nebraska and one of them is he doesn't really like the idea of playing against his former team.

McCord doesn't run the ball. Rhule likes a QB that runs the ball.

Why is Nebraska even entertaining that POS?

1702017872197.png

Can he drop back, read the D, plant his back foot and throw the ball?

I hope Rhule knows what he's doing. 🤞

McCord had a lot better supporting cast of players at Ohio St than he will at Nebraska.
As you pointed out above, I'm more than a little concerned with his lack of a running history.
Having the best WR in the game didn't do much to hurt his passing numbers.

Yea, probably right about McCord, maybe not a good fit. Comparing talent of other teams is good point too.

Nebraska won host McCord and Fleming this week... I expect both to be N

Some people have to much time on their hands.

Curious nut, what are McCord's hang ups? You referring to, like you mentioned about playing Ohio St next year and maybe that we don't have a Harrison type player to throw to?

Biggest hang up is his mobility... He will be the least mobile QB we've had since Tanner Lee

Other than that, solid QB, I think we have enough weapons for him especially if we add Fleming with him

Things I know and think I know concerning recruiting and the transfer portal... this will be a quick one...

QB - Nebraska wants McCord... questions is, does McCord want Nebraska? He will be visiting this week and if things go well I do think he will end up a Husker. That said... Will Howard is not out of it as a possibility. While some have Howard higher on their board than McCord I honestly do not think Satterfield or Rhule do. They want McCord, they don't want a running QB but they want one that can use the pocket and get out of trouble to look downfield. McCord isn't a burner but he has good pocket awareness and enough athleticism to get out of trouble. He's The #1 target... after him, I think they are looking hard at McCord or Leavitt. Not sure who else after that.

- Other teams in consideration? Some of the teams have already chosen another QB but Syracuse is surfacing as a serious contender for McCord as well. However, Nebraska may be getting him at the right time. I do not believe McCord wants to take a long time to decide. If a decisions doesn't happen this week I expect that both McCord and Nebraska have moved on. I could be wrong but that's my read.

RB - Nebraska IS looking to bring in the right RB transfer. Right now, two names that look interesting to me are Iowa State RB Cartevious Norton who didn't do much at ISU so that's an interesting look. Also, look for some possible movement with UF transfer Trevor Etienne.

WR - Julian Fleming will be visiting this week as well and Nebraska is battling out PSU for his services. Regardless of what Ohio State fans say having McCord in the room WOULD be a boost for Nebraska's chances for the former 5-star.

OL - Nothing to report here

DL - Nebraska is set on DL so unless a talent emerges that is a definitive take they will not pursue which makes Princely Umanmielen's entry into the transfer portal so interesting. The older brother of Princewill has hinted at a Nebraska visit and his family LOVES Matt Rhule. Princely was set to commit to Baylor before Rhule left for Carolina. He has no shortage of suitors. Colorado, Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas, Ole Miss and Nebraska are all players.

That's all I have for now... I expect movement to be happening fairly quickly this week.

Thanks for update Nut.

OL, what are you thinking we need? Do we have underclassmen that will rise up or should we be bringing in someone? LT competition seems like the primary thing to me.

Will Ferrell Taladega Nights GIF

Big big news.... Most of you already saw... But Dylan Raiola trending to Nebraska

Back