Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Oh, might be losing it.

Some speculating he got a better offer (maybe OSU), others think his offer got pulled.

In other news, Carlon Jones decommitted.... Sounds like nebraska said he wasn't committed if he took OVs and he said he was and scheduled then anyway. Then... Knighton pulled the offer.

In other news, Carlon Jones decommitted.... Sounds like nebraska said he wasn't committed if he took OVs and he said he was and scheduled then anyway. Then... Knighton pulled the offer.

Just in case people think I make stuff up.... Haha

You have the numbers? I heard the other day they might be 20 over on scholarships so waiting to see who hangs it up from graduating and who enters portal.

How big of a loss is Jones? I just said the other day we need more interior lineman and seemed he would fit in there.

You have the numbers? I heard the other day they might be 20 over on scholarships so waiting to see who hangs it up from graduating and who enters portal.

How big of a loss is Jones? I just said the other day we need more interior lineman and seemed he would fit in there.

We're not over 20... probably about 10-15 at this point. I have us over 18 but I know for sure that the coaches know there are certain players not returning. I doubt Bleekrode returns for another year of being behind Alvano and there are others...

Jones is a decent loss... for reference, he is going to probably end up at Ohio State which is why Nebraska pulled the plug. He wanted to visit there but Nebraska didn't want him to and if he was going to visit they were going to pull his offer. So, if Ohio State wants him, it's a decently bad loss for us.

We're not over 20... probably about 10-15 at this point. I have us over 18 but I know for sure that the coaches know there are certain players not returning. I doubt Bleekrode returns for another year of being behind Alvano and there are others...

Jones is a decent loss... for reference, he is going to probably end up at Ohio State which is why Nebraska pulled the plug. He wanted to visit there but Nebraska didn't want him to and if he was going to visit they were going to pull his offer. So, if Ohio State wants him, it's a decently bad loss for us.
Gotcha. So assuming he probably would have flipped to OSU, it's not really a loss. Just seems like if he's a good enough talent, why not at least stay in the fight? Did Ty staying another year maybe play into pulling offer, as they were expecting Jones to replace him?

Gotcha. So assuming he probably would have flipped to OSU, it's not really a loss. Just seems like if he's a good enough talent, why not at least stay in the fight? Did Ty staying another year maybe play into pulling offer, as they were expecting Jones to replace him?
It's a combination of things... Ty staying did throw a wrench in some of the numbers. And, frankly, the need to bring in more offensive players than we thought we were going to need to at the beginning of the year probably did as well. Jones is talented but if he doesn't want to sign in December you can't count him as a commit. I think Nebraska keeps in contact just in case, but I think he's likely an OSU commit soon.

But how much does it cost not a have a good QB? You lose a bunch more I would bet.

Nebraska is a lot more than a QB away from being good.
Dude. Last year's offense with this year's defense and we win the West. Ok, so maybe we need a stud WR too.

Saw Chris Brazzell (Tulane's best WR) is in portal, can we get him and Pratt?

My opinion. The 1890 initiative needs to pony up for a good QB and WR this year, even just 1yr dudes and hopefully that pushes us over and can then recruit more talent and Purdy or someone else develops to take over the following year.

:headscratch::pound:
Things are getting out of hand.

Smart money is on either McCord or Shapen at this point IMO, but McCord has some hang ups that might mean Nebraska moves on. I think he likes Rhule and Sat and he wants to come here but there are a few things he doesn't like about playing at Nebraska and one of them is he doesn't really like the idea of playing against his former team.

Keep an eye on Princewill's brother... would likely start at DE day one if he came here and I think he could

Some people have to much time on their hands.

Curious nut, what are McCord's hang ups? You referring to, like you mentioned about playing Ohio St next year and maybe that we don't have a Harrison type player to throw to?

Back