23-24 Portal boyz

Any reason given why?
I don’t think so. Na Na has 2 degrees. I think he’s felt he’s done all he can do at ND.

Tyree has also graduated. He just moved to slot receiver this year and he’d be sharing time or get passed by Jaden Greathouse who saw a lot of PT as a freshman this year until he got hurt.

I don’t think so. Na Na has 2 degrees. I think he’s felt he’s done all he can do at ND.

Tyree has also graduated. He just moved to slot receiver this year and he’d be sharing time or get passed by Jaden Greathouse who saw a lot of PT as a freshman this year until he got hurt.
he sounds like he would be a fit with UT... he's a really good returner with experience.. can line up multiple ways. Wouldn't mind that for '24

Big pass on Van Dyke guy wouldn’t be much more than a lateral move from McCord. He might actually be a worse option lol

If I'm Day I'm honest with Brown and he moves on and I bring in a vet to finish the room out. Yes Howard is the ideal candidate thus far.

given Day has had Haskins Fields and Stroud so far McCord is clearly a waste of his specialty.

If I'm Day I'm honest with Brown and he moves on and I bring in a vet to finish the room out. Yes Howard is the ideal candidate thus far.

given Day has had Haskins Fields and Stroud so far McCord is clearly a waste of his specialty.

McCord just never progressed at all mentally with the game. Like i've said before, he still sees the field like a true freshman playing for the first time. And this was his 3rd year in the program, Michigan was his 13th start. He's never going to change that at this point.

Day however is a man stuck in his ways and I doubt he's willing to just dump a guy he tabbed as "the guy"

McCord just never progressed at all mentally with the game. Like i've said before, he still sees the field like a true freshman playing for the first time. And this was his 3rd year in the program, Michigan was his 13th start. He's never going to change that at this point.

Day however is a man stuck in his ways and I doubt he's willing to just dump a guy he tabbed as "the guy"
experience matters.. the two INTs he threw.. he got lit up on the last one.. and Marvin was at fault for the first one.. but i agree..he locks on one read too many times

experience matters.. the two INTs he threw.. he got lit up on the last one.. and Marvin was at fault for the first one.. but i agree..he locks on one read too many times

McCord was basically the same QB in game 12 of this year that he was in game 1. There was very little if any real progression. That to me shows that he is what he is at this point.

He was a guy in the program for 2 years already too. Not like he was a freshman being tossed into the fire.

The first few drives of the Michigan game it looked like McCord and the WRs were straight up running different plays.

We will see

Huge decision for him and I feel he will very much regret sticking with McCord if he does.

We will see

Huge decision for him and I feel he will very much regret sticking with McCord if he does.

I'd be shocked if McCord is not the starter going into week 1 of 2024

Our early season schedule is pretty weak next year, we don't play a real defense until Iowa 5 weeks in. So he will probably look good enough to keep the job heading into that game. Do we really expect Day to make a mid or late season QB change? I don't see it.

McCord was basically the same QB in game 12 of this year that he was in game 1. There was very little if any real progression. That to me shows that he is what he is at this point.

He was a guy in the program for 2 years already too. Not like he was a freshman being tossed into the fire.

The first few drives of the Michigan game it looked like McCord and the WRs were straight up running different plays.
He’s basically a Jake Fromm. Fromm was a really good true freshman QB, the problem was he was still the same QB as a Junior as he was as a true freshman. Never made any jump.

When the transfer portal was announced I thought it would just be a bunch of backups and guys not seeing the field moving to new schools.

Seems like half the guys posted in this thread were starters or saw a decent amount of playing time.
It's just college free agency.

McCord would be a nice lower-mid level P5 QB, but he's not a guy who's gonna win Ohio State any titles.
sounds like material for a directional Florida team.

LOL dear god no

The kid that is transferring from Indiana, Carter Smith, I am sure will be high on OSU's list. Former 4* OT from about 30 minutes north of campus. #209 overall prospect in the 2022 class.
He really wanted to be a Buckeye but wasn't offered. Oof.