76ers Regular Season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 89,512.00
So, 24 hours away from their first preseason game. Certainly different times that every team is dealing with the quick turnaround.

While this team has had a complete overhaul, they're bringing in two vets to the starting lineup and a hell of a set of coaches (really excited about what those assistants are bringing to the table). Feel like they're going to be running a lot of similar concepts as to when JJ, Saric, and Cov were here, with more pick and rolls thrown in. I also think Ben was starting to get more aggressive going to the hole and drawing contact before the pandemic shut shit down. The big question mark for me is what is Joel going to be. Looking forward to the season.

I love what I saw that 1st preseason game ... Shake looks stronger and ready to ball this year. Our rook Maxie looked really fast to the cup and those floaters looked effortless. I think our bench will be really nice this year.

takes the sixers six minutes into the third to score their first points of the second half, very encouraging....

start of the third was ugly, but so nice to see this team execute offensive sets in the final 2 minutes of a game to seal a win (including out of timeouts).

I missed the game. Danny Green was a -27 though. Was he really THAT bad?

It would be fantastic if Shake can be this all season. Feeling good about basketball.

Sidenote: On the college front, I’ve been hyping up Rutgers basketball since Pikiell was hired. I hope Rutgers does whatever it takes to keep him around.

I missed the game. Danny Green was a -27 though. Was he really THAT bad?

It would be fantastic if Shake can be this all season. Feeling good about basketball.

Sidenote: On the college front, I’ve been hyping up Rutgers basketball since Pikiell was hired. I hope Rutgers does whatever it takes to keep him around.
it's not that he looked bad, he just didn't do much. the -27 is mostly from the starters not making a shot until 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter (he didn't play after that, mainly because Shake was looking much better).

Well, another game another win. Starters did a lot better out there today. Granted it was the Knicks. Randle was crushing Tobias in the first half (though I do think he's an overlooked player that's been the best guy on a lot of mediocre squads). Bench wasn't as hot scoring tonight, but they still look good out there moving the ball, shots just weren't going in. A promising start.

Well, another game another win. Starters did a lot better out there today. Granted it was the Knicks. Randle was crushing Tobias in the first half (though I do think he's an overlooked player that's been the best guy on a lot of mediocre squads). Bench wasn't as hot scoring tonight, but they still look good out there moving the ball, shots just weren't going in. A promising start.
The starters scored 82 points and shot 9-19 from 3 so definitely didn't need as much from the bench. Kinda interested to see how they play Tuesday. Maybe I've got that crappy playoff series from a couple years ago in my head but I feel like Embiid struggles against Aron Baynes.

Well, that was a fun first half. Sixers are +35 in halves where Ben Simmons makes a 3 this season. Pretty good...

Ben Simmons and Dwight Howard knocking down 3's in the same game. Bunch of assassins out there.

I'm starting to talk myself into a Simmons-Harden trade.
In the playoffs, when games get tight and whistles get swallowed, we are still lacking that shot creator.
Maybe it will be Embiid, as he looks to be in great shape and passing quicker out of the double teams.

I actually like how Doc gives him long stretches of playing time, because with those long TV timeouts, it allows him to play in a groove longer instead of coming right out at Brett Brown's designated time.

If they remain a top 5 defensive team, we'll be in good shape.

Ben and Dwight said they were good shooting 100% on the season from 3, but the rest of the team went 16-35.

Team obviously has some work to do (got a little sloppy in the second half with added pressure), but it's fun to see the team actually moving in the half court to help one another out and get easy (open) buckets.

what a wild day, i mean game, so nice to see the 76ers prevailing against the disgusting DC team.

well, 2nd loss on the season, both in back to back situations. this one had the awesomeness of being on TNT where they trash them even when they do good, so fuck off with that noise.

might be a rough stretch coming up depending on who all is in the covid quarantine from close contact with curry.

well, they're suiting up enough to play a game. will be interesting.

officially gonna be a great watch this afternoon

gonna have 7 players available

Ben Simmons took 2 shots ... he's a very good player in other areas, but c'mon man! You gotta at least try to shoot! Especially when Embiid is leaving it all out there and putting the team on his back. Harden is pretty much done in Houston ... his trade value is dipping every day ... I would revisit that situation. Maxie looks like he's going to be an excellent PG in this league and Shake has taken the next step this year ... I'm absolutely warming up to the idea of bringing in Harden and making that 2-3 year Championship run.

Ben Simmons took 2 shots ... he's a very good player in other areas, but c'mon man! You gotta at least try to shoot! Especially when Embiid is leaving it all out there and putting the team on his back. Harden is pretty much done in Houston ... his trade value is dipping every day ... I would revisit that situation. Maxie looks like he's going to be an excellent PG in this league and Shake has taken the next step this year ... I'm absolutely warming up to the idea of bringing in Harden and making that 2-3 year Championship run.
that was one of his worst games in recent memory. no idea what he was doing. sounds like houston is looking to get something done today, we'll see.

Houston wanted not just Ben but also Maxie (who's looking like a draft steal) ... glad we didn't budge on that one.