Series Thread ALCS: RED SOX vs ASTROS

Plane crash in HOU today, private jet (MD87) with 21 people heading up for the game. All survived, only 1 minor injury.

1634673071794.png

Plane crash in HOU today, private jet (MD87) with 21 people heading up for the game. All survived, only 1 minor injury.

View attachment 45741
Wow, it's rare that a plane crash would yield so many survivors.

I'm happy that almost everyone survived.

Great come from behind game. Astros even the ALCS up 2-2.

Well, shit.

Somebody in the Astros organization remembered there was an ALCS going on.

The baseball gods have been pretty fickle tonight.

Home Plate Umpire was shit. But at least he was shit for both teams.

yeah, I'm not convinced the umpire cost the Red Sox that game (as lousy as that missed strike on Castro was). Sox had a double and triple with one out at one point and failed to get either of those runners in, not to mention the many other runners that they failed to bring home. Bregman's snag in the first inning after the Bogaerts home run was huge. Just the total opposite of Games 2 and 3 where a lot went right for the Sox. They had opportunities to score more than they did and they couldn't pull through.

I didn't care for bringing in Eovaldi and Perez, but I can get why Cora brought them in. Eovaldi didn't pull through, but he's still available for Game 6. Perez sucks but I kinda get bringing him in when Brantley's struggled with lefties in his career. I also think Renfroe's positioning hurt him on the Correa double in the 9th, I think he was playing too shallow there. No reason a ball should ever go over your head like that in the 9th.

yeah, I'm not convinced the umpire cost the Red Sox that game (as lousy as that missed strike on Castro was). Sox had a double and triple with one out at one point and failed to get either of those runners in, not to mention the many other runners that they failed to bring home. Bregman's snag in the first inning after the Bogaerts home run was huge. Just the total opposite of Games 2 and 3 where a lot went right for the Sox. They had opportunities to score more than they did and they couldn't pull through.

I didn't care for bringing in Eovaldi and Perez, but I can get why Cora brought them in. Eovaldi didn't pull through, but he's still available for Game 6. Perez sucks but I kinda get bringing him in when Brantley's struggled with lefties in his career. I also think Renfroe's positioning hurt him on the Correa double in the 9th, I think he was playing too shallow there. No reason a ball should ever go over your head like that in the 9th.
I agree, don't think he cost them the game. Just pointing out he was shit all the way around.

And the Boston bed shitting continues.

We going to see another huge comeback tonight?

And the Boston bed shitting continues.
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Wasn't a fan of bringing Eovaldi or the human white flag in either, I get why he did both, but...........................

As for Hunter Renfro I have to admit that he has a great freakin arm, however he's a bit of a butcher out there when it comes to fielding.

I can see I'm going to have to drop more v-bucks on Houston

Wasn't a fan of bringing Eovaldi or the human white flag in either, I get why he did both, but...........................

As for Hunter Renfro I have to admit that he has a great freakin arm, however he's a bit of a butcher out there when it comes to fielding.

Renfroe reminds me of Cespedes how he misplays balls a lot, but his arm occasionally makes up for that. Even offensively he's a similar type of hitter (low OBP, power), granted his best offensive season would have been an average season for Cespedes. Frustrating player at times, but he was still a great signing IMO considering they only paid him just over $3M.

Has Smoltz been annoying af lately?