Series Thread ALDS: Guardians vs Yankees

I guess the best way to explain what I was feeling... I guess it sorta feels like one of those situations when a single guy is about to take all of the shit from an entire fanbase. And maybe I'm mellowing in my old age but I hate to see that happen to a guy because he gave up a HR to a guy who might retire with 500 of them, a guy that just hit one in pretty much the same way off of Bieber a few games ago. But I am guilty of the same thing by kinda taking that up with you specifically, so I guess I'm Spiderman meme? You wouldn't be the other Spiderman, I guess you'd be laughing at both of us Spidermen being stupid :wink:
I hear you. @osubuckeye89 is horrible in that sense.

No reason Civale or Tito deserve the blame. Frankly, the Yankees are head and shoulders a better team than the Indians. I’m pleased that we made it to game five.

No reason Civale or Tito deserve the blame. Frankly, the Yankees are head and shoulders a better team than the Indians. I’m pleased that we made it to game five.

No blame for Civale? lol he could barely throw a strike and essentially lost the game in 2/3 of a inning.

In the end though This franchise just has a problem with closing out series. This is absolutely nothing new. They soil themselves at the thought of actual success.

2017 ALDS vs NYY (2-0 lead)
2016 World Series (3-1 lead)
2007 ALCS vs Boston (3-1 lead)
2001 ALDS vs Seattle (2-1 lead)
1999 ALDS vs Boston (2-0 lead)

Now add the 2022 ALDS (2-1 lead) to the list.

It is true that they weren't even supposed to be here.

But when you have a 2-1 lead and a chance to move on, then just fall completely flat in the final 2 games. Woof.

The "at least we made it to game 5" moral victory attitude from fans isn't exactly helping ownership decide not to be cheap. Not that they weren't going to be cheap anyway. But where's the incentive to improve by spending some if its A-ok "hey at least we made it to a 5th game and didnt get swept!"

You had a 2-1 lead and a chance to move on and then proceeded to soil yourself in game 4 and 5.

Lineup definitely needs more depth. It will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. It seems like it will be decision time on Rosario, I get the idea that they are generally not the type of executive/ownership to let a guy go for nothing as a FA, right? I bet he won't cut them much of a bargain on an extension though, hell I wouldn't.

Good riddance to this gnat-like Cleveland squad. Never seen so many dink and dunk hits in a series. They were very lucky to make it to Game 5.

No blame for Civale? lol he could barely throw a strike and essentially lost the game in 2/3 of a inning.
I mean for losing the series. I don’t blame him alone.

The "at least we made it to game 5" moral victory attitude from fans isn't exactly helping ownership decide not to be cheap. Not that they weren't going to be cheap anyway. But where's the incentive to improve by spending some if its A-ok "hey at least we made it to a 5th game and didnt get swept!"

You had a 2-1 lead and a chance to move on and then proceeded to soil yourself in game 4 and 5.
OK