Series Thread ALDS: Guardians vs Yankees

I didn't say anything about Bieber.

I even gave you kudos for the stats you provided. I simply pointed out that despite the stats, he was awful.

Yeah, that was the wrong way for me to respond to that for sure. Sorry.

I guess the best way to explain what I was feeling... I guess it sorta feels like one of those situations when a single guy is about to take all of the shit from an entire fanbase. And maybe I'm mellowing in my old age but I hate to see that happen to a guy because he gave up a HR to a guy who might retire with 500 of them, a guy that just hit one in pretty much the same way off of Bieber a few games ago. But I am guilty of the same thing by kinda taking that up with you specifically, so I guess I'm Spiderman meme? You wouldn't be the other Spiderman, I guess you'd be laughing at both of us Spidermen being stupid :wink:

Would it had mattered if Bieber started this game?

Maybe not, but it sure gives them a better chance than the selection made, which was the worst possible selection.

The game was over at 3-0 after that bomb. Gotta think Bieber allows less than 3 runs and at least makes a competitive outing.

You seriously think Bieber doesnt give a much better chance than Civale? Who could barely throw a strike

I believe I already said that I would have started Bieber.

While I would start Bieber I do think that it has been a while since the word "awful" has been appropriate to describe Civale's performance. Since returning from the DL in August opposing batters are hitting .186/.228/.340 against him (43 innings/8 starts). His first 6 (very awful) starts really weigh down his season line. He's got a 3.24 ERA since then.

Would it had mattered if Bieber started this game?

Maybe not, but it sure gives them a better chance than the selection made, which was the worst possible selection.

The game was over at 3-0 after that bomb. Gotta think Bieber allows less than 3 runs and at least makes a competitive outing.

How badly this team hit LHPs this season wasn't talked about enough, especially with the rain allowing Cortes to start again.

Lol @ Josh Naylor

I believe I already said that I would have started Bieber.

The question is, why did Francona not?

Was he handcuffed by the front office or something? Or did he just make a stupid decision.

If you get a chance to start your ace in a game like this, you do it. You don't "save him" for a game that may never come.

There was zero reason to be confident in Civale.

I Don't care about his stats since he came off the IL. the Yankees have his number and he's cold not pitching in 2 weeks.

How badly this team hit LHPs this season wasn't talked about enough, especially with the rain allowing Cortes to start again.

The rain seems to always screw us. Happened in the 2016 WS too, totally killed all the momentum we had after the tying HR.

Even if Civale had to start last night, we have a much better chance against Taillon and the Bullpen.

But of course we never get any breaks in these sorts of situations.

The question is, why did Francona not?

Was he handcuffed by the front office or something? Or did he just make a stupid decision.

If you get a chance to start your ace in a game like this, you do it. You don't "save him" for a game that may never come.

There was zero reason to be confident in Civale.

I Don't care about his stats since he came off the IL. the Yankees have his number and he's cold not pitching in 2 weeks.

Honestly I really do prefer not to start guys on short rest unless I have to so I can understand how he talked himself into it. I would have seen it as the best option but I would not have liked doing it.

The problem with this lineup is when they are bad they are REALLY BAD. Completely hapless, not even competitive at bats have been the norm in this series.

It's been more of the really ugly than much at all of the good in these whole playoffs. Outside of Saturday's momentary spark.

Jose has been completely invisible outside of that HR in game 1 against Tampa. Doesnt help when your best hitter goes on a major stink skid at the worst time.

Honestly I really do prefer not to start guys on short rest unless I have to so I can understand how he talked himself into it. I would have seen it as the best option but I would not have liked doing it.

He coulda gone to just a complete bullpen game.

Start Stephan or Hentges. Going down 3-0 right away like that just gives the other team all the momentum and it's a big hill to climb when you have a offense who's not doing much.

Even if those 2 give up solo HRs like they did, it's still a 2-1 game. Instead you allow Civale to not even be competitive and spot them 3.

With the state of things as they are I feel compelled to share something I have been holding onto for weeks.

QBQHFB4MAJHMLED5S7L75S55BM.jpg

rizwan-manji-outsourced.jpg

Yankees won in 2009...

looks like all the bullpen turmoil has lead us to finding out late game guys