Series Thread ALDS: Guardians vs Yankees

While I would start Bieber I do think that it has been a while since the word "awful" has been appropriate to describe Civale's performance. Since returning from the DL in August opposing batters are hitting .186/.228/.340 against him (43 innings/8 starts). His first 6 (very awful) starts really weigh down his season line. He's got a 3.24 ERA since then.
... so much for that.

I like the homework, TO.

Counterpoint is one of those first six starts where he was roughed up was against the Yanks, and he's 0-2 with a 10.00 ERA against them this season.

Should be interesting.

I'm not going to question it.

View attachment 88714

Stupid decision by tito

Civale predictably folds like a lawn chair against the yankees, cant throw strikes, and its 3-0 yankees.

Civale got absolutely whacked by the Yankees twice already this season, I don't see why anyone coulda thought this would had been any different.

Yep, Bieber would have never given up a 1st inning opposite field homer to Stanton in a playoff game like that :wink:

You seriously think Bieber doesnt give a much better chance than Civale? Who could barely throw a strike

Yep, Bieber would have never given up a 1st inning opposite field homer to Stanton in a playoff game like that :wink:

I didn't say anything about Bieber.

I even gave you kudos for the stats you provided. I simply pointed out that despite the stats, he was awful.

Hell they should started Hentges.....

Civale hasnt pitched in 2 weeks and has gotten absolutely killed by the Yankees this year. Nothing about that was a good idea.

Nobody fails to put away a series like the Cleveland Baseball Club

2017 ALDS
2016 World Series
2007 ALCS
2001 ALDS
1999 ALDS

Holy fucking shit how slow is Austin Hedges? how do you only get a single out of that

Would be nice if we could take advantage of that fuck up

Come on Jose do something

Only 1 there is why we arent winning this series, brutal with runners on.
ab67616d0000b273ed0b508b6ed0c5828be3954d

Tito makes 2 awful challenges previously in this series but doesnt challenge that one when hes clearly safe.

Are they fucking throwing this so the MLB can have New York in the final 4?