Paranormal Alien abduction

Will be very curious to hear what you think of it.
Got the book (actually been sitting in my PO Box for some days now, but just grabbed it this evening).

he signed it “TheDayMan, may reason guide us, discover, declare and defend the truth. -Travis Walton”

Also came stuffed with a DVD of the paranormal witness episode about it, and a little leaflet explaining that he feels that episode is the best production about his story, or is the one he recommends based on accuracy and depth. Also notes the episode is on YouTube.

Pretty cool to have that thrown in, and the personal touch.

edit: I can’t find the full episode on YouTube, FYIzzle.

edit #2: missed that it’s also stuffed with a couple promotional cards, also signed with personalized messages.

Last edited:
Got the book (actually been sitting in my PO Box for some days now, but just grabbed it this evening).

he signed it “TheDayMan, may reason guide us, discover, declare and defend the truth. -Travis Walton”

Also came stuffed with a DVD of the paranormal witness episode about it, and a little leaflet explaining that he feels that episode is the best production about his story, or is the one he recommends based on accuracy and depth. Also notes the episode is on YouTube.

Pretty cool to have that thrown in, and the personal touch.

edit: I can’t find the full episode on YouTube, FYIzzle.

edit #2: missed that it’s also stuffed with a couple promotional cards, also signed with personalized messages.
Very nice touches there! So do you think Travis is actually making a living from this now? I was wondering if anyone answers that, or he himself? Has he had to work since this happened? I can't imagine there's much of a living at all from telling his story.

Any initial thoughts about the book yet?

Very nice touches there! So do you think Travis is actually making a living from this now? I was wondering if anyone answers that, or he himself? Has he had to work since this happened? I can't imagine there's much of a living at all from telling his story.

Any initial thoughts about the book yet?
I don’t know if he makes his living off of it. I’m just through the forward and preface, the closest answer to that is he refused any media attention about it for years, until he opened up with the movie and then kinda went all in with it. I’d guess he got/gets a chunk from the movie. I know he does the MUFON stuff, one of the promotional cards is for that specifically. How much he gets from all of it, I have no idea. He might go into it more in the aftermath chapters.

No real initial thoughts, but I’m not even into the actual story yet. He’s clearly not a writer by trade, but in a very readable, conversational kind of way. Looking forward to putting down some chapters this evening.

gun police GIF by Signaturee Entertainment

Has anyone on this site been abducted?

What are the most interesting stories of alien abduction? Travis Walton? Betty and Barney Hill? :alien:

(if you want to skip his opinions on why the Travis Knight story is the most credible story of alien abduction, skip straight to 2:50)

I think Benny Hill was abducted by a bunch of boobies. I mean Bobbies.

I don’t know if he makes his living off of it. I’m just through the forward and preface, the closest answer to that is he refused any media attention about it for years, until he opened up with the movie and then kinda went all in with it. I’d guess he got/gets a chunk from the movie. I know he does the MUFON stuff, one of the promotional cards is for that specifically. How much he gets from all of it, I have no idea. He might go into it more in the aftermath chapters.

No real initial thoughts, but I’m not even into the actual story yet. He’s clearly not a writer by trade, but in a very readable, conversational kind of way. Looking forward to putting down some chapters this evening.

I'm curious what you thought after reading the whole book...or did you? Worth the price?

I'm curious what you thought after reading the whole book...or did you? Worth the price?
I'd recommend if you're into the subject. I was familiar with the story, and had read enough about his experience that that part wasn't anything new. He does talk about the aftermath and dealing with it all, which I find more compelling than the actual story.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to all things super natural. I like the topic of UFOs/aliens, even from a sceptic angle it's a fun topic that I've always enjoyed. The Walton case is the most compelling in my opinion. I don't know what happened to him, but he definitely comes off as sincere, and there're enough people involved beyond him who stuck to the story even though it negatively impacted their lives to suggest it's something more than someone looking for attention or a single kooky person's trip.

I'd recommend if you're into the subject. I was familiar with the story, and had read enough about his experience that that part wasn't anything new. He does talk about the aftermath and dealing with it all, which I find more compelling than the actual story.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to all things super natural. I like the topic of UFOs/aliens, even from a sceptic angle it's a fun topic that I've always enjoyed. The Walton case is the most compelling in my opinion. I don't know what happened to him, but he definitely comes off as sincere, and there're enough people involved beyond him who stuck to the story even though it negatively impacted their lives to suggest it's something more than someone looking for attention or a single kooky person's trip.
Appreciate the feedback. I tend to be skeptical of a lot of these stories, but at the same time, there do seem to be a few that ring true, with certain details that are consistent. I may order the book and give it a read