All in for Thursday

now have to order at a kiosk.

I kind of miss those days trying to patiently explain to high school dropouts about how they aren’t going to get their $25 an hour to make sandwiches and instead get replaced by robots.

Now we’re here and it’s just not as satisfying as I dreamt it to be.

Still pretty LOL though.

sandwich shop here on campus has gone downhill

very skimpy on the meat, now have to order at a kiosk, but good news is, they're still slow as hell from my experience years ago
Fuck a kiosk.

Gotta be some extraordinary circumstances for me to use one of those.

Some corporate admins collaborated to compile a spur-of-the-moment "great idea" to livestream the basketball games on TVs throughout the business so people will stay and work instead of going to a bar to watch games. None of them consulted with me about that and none of them considered what livestreaming the basketball games could do to corporate network bandwidth. I've spent most of my afternoon formulating and coordinating contingency plans around the possibility of all this livestreaming bogging down our network. :facepalm:

Some corporate admins collaborated to compile a spur-of-the-moment "great idea" to livestream the basketball games on TVs throughout the business so people will stay and work instead of going to a bar to watch games. None of them consulted with me about that and none of them considered what livestreaming the basketball games could do to corporate network bandwidth. I've spent most of my afternoon formulating and coordinating contingency plans around the possibility of all this livestreaming bogging down our network. :facepalm:
Surely not, lol

Been in IT 30+ years and it never fails to amaze me how incompetent execs are in regards to this stuff.

Then they'll bitch "why is my email not working?, why are the systems so slow?"

So it’s 4pm on day 1 of the tournament and I’m already in last place in my pool.

:facepalm3:

Fuck a kiosk.

Agree! The hell hole job I had during Covid time frame was for a company that provided certain software & hardware for kiosks in the car wash & oil change industry. The kiosk portion used to be in the same company but had to split. The two companies ended up being sold to bitter competitors of the original company. They were basically sharing buildings owned by the original owner that started both companies. It was hell bc both companies had to honor warranties of customers of original business, yet neither corporate team of the 2 bitter enemies wanted any communication with each other.

Fuck a kiosk.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Oakland University beats Kentucky 🤩 😂

sandwich shop here on campus has gone downhill

very skimpy on the meat, now have to order at a kiosk, but good news is, they're still slow as hell from my experience years ago
So they have a Subway on campus? Big deal

If my disdain for staring at a screen and understanding that our real world connections with others are ultimately the only things that make us human make me a boomer, well…

boom smile GIF

If my disdain for staring at a screen and understanding that our real world connections with others are ultimately the only things that make us human make me a boomer, well…

boom smile GIF
He gets his hair cut at a kiosk soooo