Anyone have an automatic Sprinkler System

I have an irrigation system. More importantly, I have a yard service landscaper that mows and trims.

Yard too small to justify a sprinkler system. It takes me about 3 mins to wet the yard and I water it about 2-3 times a day

I helped my son in law put in a sprinkler system. At this small warehouse he and his dad own, outside of town.

Underground, only 1 zone for right out front.
Wasn't all that hard. 7 heads

I helped my son in law put in a sprinkler system. At this small warehouse he and his dad own, outside of town.

Underground, only 1 zone for right out front.
Wasn't all that hard. 7 heads
Took 4 stations out of my parents house, well capped them, from the 8 I put 20 years ago.

I gave up some time ago on the pursuit of lawn eugenics.

When I heard the bees were in trouble, I quit putting chems on my lawn. I hand pull the most troublesome weeds en sech. I actually let clover patches grow in a couple of areas so the bees can do their thing.

I have a gas-powered mower that I've had for years, but as soon as it gives it up I'm buying a manual. I've had a weed eater/edger for years and haven't used it...do it all by hand. The mower alone puts enough bad shit in the air.

Gives me something to do while out smoking, and my conscience is clear that I'm leaving the best world I can for my little buddy there in my avy. I want him to be able to fish AND EAT THE FISH. I want him to be able to breathe without pollutants. Would yall do the same? He's worth it, I promise.
little buddy there in your avy, huh?

121.jpg

Nope
Not on my own system.

I figure that the valves do the same thing.
If they let water past them, I'll see it leaking out of a head at the bottom of the system.
Anti-siphon works the other way. It prevents dirty water from irrigation lines, from being drawn back into the potable water system. Not prevent leaking.

Anti-siphon works the other way. It prevents dirty water from irrigation lines, from being drawn back into the potable water system. Not prevent leaking.

Right
But if water doesn't get past the valves one way, it isn't getting past the valves going the other way.
Anyway, a backflow preventer is what is required here, not an anti-syphon, so I've had my fill with those things freezing up and replacing them every couple of seasons.

After 20 years, never been sick from it.

Right
But if water doesn't get past the valves one way, it isn't getting past the valves going the other way.
Anyway, a backflow preventer is what is required here, not an anti-syphon, so I've had my fill with those things freezing up and replacing them every couple of seasons.

After 20 years, never been sick from it.
Back flow preventer, and anti-siphon, are the same t hing