Anyone here published?

Number of copies?

• Total voters
I won the young authors competition in the Seattle region over 40 years ago. Then I put the pen down and turned to a life of violence.

Maybe I'll pick it up again before I check out.

Am I late? The Sparkling Void|Hardcover

There's a lot that can wrong. In that book's case, the publisher ruined it...took out about 60 of the best pages for an overzealous legal dept and forced me to change even the order of the book. You put all that work into something and in 10 minutes it's trashed. I should have just paid to self-publish, but then it wouldn't have gotten marketed with the deal I had. So, it ended up being kind of a waste of time.
A waste of time? That’s how sane, regular sized arm people feel when reading your posts.

since this got brought up, seems relevant to bring up these new numbers.

rough.

For the first time in my life, I'm tempted to write a book. I can't write fiction like I'd prefer to, but I see a topic that for some reason has been almost completely neglected and there's pretty widespread interest in it. I was thinking very seriously about starting research on it til I started working on this board and have been sidetracked from it.
A novel about sports message boards and running them.....

Both @HammerDown and @Handicappers could write a book titled “A Treatise on Messageboard Ownership” and they would be about different subjects.
Hammer doesn't know shit about messageboard ownership. What little he knows, I taught him.

Fat stacks, yo!

Am I late? The Sparkling Void|Hardcover

There's a lot that can wrong. In that book's case, the publisher ruined it...took out about 60 of the best pages for an overzealous legal dept and forced me to change even the order of the book. You put all that work into something and in 10 minutes it's trashed. I should have just paid to self-publish, but then it wouldn't have gotten marketed with the deal I had. So, it ended up being kind of a waste of time.

Just saw a pretty decent show about the secondary-but-primary character in my book.

Betraying the Badge - Diamonds and Dirty Cops was just on the shitty Vice channel. Ice T on the narration makes me laugh. It was decent. The old Mugshots episode about Hanhardt was better though.
Interesting to see they're still making new TV shows about this, but still no decent Hollywood projects. Ice T even said it's the perfect Hollywood story - mega cop gone bad. I think when Michael Mann passed on it, the story died.

I co-wrote a fiction book