Apple Watch Series 6

Just starting today I'm seeing availability on the Watch I want at some stores nearby. I'm hoping that the week I'm in the US, they'll be available at mine. Anyone have one yet?

Got my solo loop band today. This thing is awesome. I guess I'll order a few more colors now that I know I got the size right.

Got my solo loop band today. This thing is awesome. I guess I'll order a few more colors now that I know I got the size right.
Just ordered mine this morning for my California trip. Sure wish I could just go to a Store so I could get fitted for the new bands.

Just ordered mine this morning for my California trip. Sure wish I could just go to a Store so I could get fitted for the new bands.

the print out sizing thing did a pretty good job. Snug, but not tight.

With my old band I'd switch to a tighter fit when working out as opposed to normal wear, but this is comfortable for both.

Anyone interested? I've resisted til now but I want all three of (in order) electrocardiogram anytime/anywhere, blood oxygen monitoring and sleep monitoring.

I think I'm going for it when I go back to California early next month. I want the 44mm so it looks like $429 plus tax unless I can get a better deal at Costco.
I don't like it enough to ugrade from my AW5. The heart monitoring is a neat gimmick, as the O2 will be as well I'm sure. I don't use the sleep monitoring because the thing has to recharge at some point. I heard AW6 charges faster so maybe that is the key, but I take it off to charge at night.

My really only reason for the AW is so I don't have to have my phone at the ballpark and can still get and send texts as well as alerts when I'm getting a call or text while at home since I don't keep my phone on me all the time. I have the cell version and being able to go out without the phone and still get music is cool too. All of that works on AW5 so I'll stick with it for now.

I don't like it enough to ugrade from my AW5. The heart monitoring is a neat gimmick, as the O2 will be as well I'm sure. I don't use the sleep monitoring because the thing has to recharge at some point. I heard AW6 charges faster so maybe that is the key, but I take it off to charge at night.

My really only reason for the AW is so I don't have to have my phone at the ballpark and can still get and send texts as well as alerts when I'm getting a call or text while at home since I don't keep my phone on me all the time. I have the cell version and being able to go out without the phone and still get music is cool too. All of that works on AW5 so I'll stick with it for now.
I ended up getting one but made a huge-ass mistake.

One of the main things I wanted was the ecg feature. I really don't think I'd have bought one without that feature. I ordered from Apple and had it delivered to me while in California. I was busy while there and didn't even take the time to unbox the watch til I just now got home this afternoon and come to find out, the ecg feature is locked in the country I live in and Apple has blocked every loophole to make it work. If I had just registered and paired the Watch while in California, I wouldn't have had any problems.
As it is, as soon as I have a friend heading back to the US, I'm returning the watch. :gaah:

One of the main things I wanted was the ecg feature. I really don't think I'd have bought one without that feature. I ordered from Apple and had it delivered to me while in California. I was busy while there and didn't even take the time to unbox the watch til I just now got home this afternoon and come to find out, the ecg feature is locked in the country I live in and Apple has blocked every loophole to make it work. If I had just registered and paired the Watch while in California, I wouldn't have had any problems.
As it is, as soon as I have a friend heading back to the US, I'm returning the watch. :gaah:
I've heard about that being a problem with the health ministries of other countries and they are slowly adding more. Really stupid, but since they market it as a life saving device and not just a "neato" device then they have more hoops to jump through. Next time you are in the US can you factory reset it and re-register it?

just curious..in what country do you reside, hammer?

where do you live? is it not available in wherever you live?

just curious..in what country do you reside, hammer?

where do you live? is it not available in wherever you live?
I live in a developing nation, close to the equator. Wish I could say more.

I'm going back to California next month and will be able to activate the ECG functionality at that time.

Generally, I've been pretty underwhelmed with the watch. There's a lot that is "neat" but other than getting alerts without having to have the phone with me all the time and some of the activity stuff, I'd say that if I had had a two-month trial of the watch before buying it, I'd pass.

I'm going back to California next month and will be able to activate the ECG functionality at that time.

Generally, I've been pretty underwhelmed with the watch. There's a lot that is "neat" but other than getting alerts without having to have the phone with me all the time and some of the activity stuff, I'd say that if I had had a two-month trial of the watch before buying it, I'd pass.
oh, ok.

i'm just curious...why can't you say more about where you live?

Because I don't want everyone knowing where I live.

*looks around the room*

um, ok, but i don't think there's any cause for concern, pretty sure none of us here are employees of the IRS and/or US Marshals

i don't think there's any cause for concern
That's because you haven't been dox'ed, you haven't had your friends and family contacted on Instagram with abhorrent accusations and you haven't had to go to the police for protection from a lunatic stalker banned poster who writes you daily digests about "the constant need to kill" and not-so-veiled threats of homosexual rape and "popping in for a visit".

Were you a watch person before? I think that plays a role in it's usefulness.

I went from having 3 pieces of information on my old watch to being able to customize complications to have 10+ pieces of information just by raising my wrist. All that before integrating other smart features like fitness/sleep tracking, notifications, apple pay...

but if you're not a watch person, the stuff on the watch is mostly redundant to your phone if it's visible.

That's because you haven't been dox'ed, you haven't had your friends and family contacted on Instagram with abhorrent accusations and you haven't had to go to the police for protection from a lunatic stalker banned poster who writes you daily digests about "the constant need to kill" and not-so-veiled threats of homosexual rape and "popping in for a visit".

now we know why AG is gone...

holy crap, that's happening with you??

....is this that "blue through it all" guy?

holy crap, that's happening with you??

....is this that "blue through it all" guy?
The last part, yes. The doxing and friends/family contacted was another group.

I took a long break and totally disappeared for a while. I left the continent with no electronic devices and no one outside my immediate family and friends knew where I was, and even they only knew generally.

The last part, yes. The doxing and friends/family contacted was another group.

I took a long break and totally disappeared for a while. I left the continent with no electronic devices and no one outside my immediate family and friends knew where I was, and even they only knew generally.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Were you a watch person before? I think that plays a role in it's usefulness.

I went from having 3 pieces of information on my old watch to being able to customize complications to have 10+ pieces of information just by raising my wrist. All that before integrating other smart features like fitness/sleep tracking, notifications, apple pay...

but if you're not a watch person, the stuff on the watch is mostly redundant to your phone if it's visible.
Before COVID, I wore a regular watch all the time and like watches, never an Apple Watch.

I don't do sleep tracking or Apple Pay and while I do like the faces and complications, so far I just haven't had any of them really impact my day.

When I get up to California and can activate the ECG and then when Fitness+ comes by January, maybe I'll find it more useful.

I got my wife the 2nd-gen Watch when it first came out and she's completely tied to it because her and her friends share fitness data all day (fun competition) but she says when it dies, she doesn't want to get another because she resents being so tied to it.