Appropriate times to bunt

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Now that there’s a DH in both leagues and the over shift is banned, there’s only two situations where a bunt isn’t a bad call.

They are:

1. A squeeze play that would walk off the game

2. To start the bottom half of an extra inning with the Manfred man if no runs scored in the top half of the inning and the second batter doesn’t strikeout much

You can disagree if you want, but you’d be wrong.

Now that there’s a DH in both leagues and the over shift is banned, there’s only two situations where a bunt isn’t a bad call.

They are:

1. A squeeze play that would walk off the game

2. To start the bottom half of an extra inning with the Manfred man if no runs scored in the top half of the inning and the second batter doesn’t strikeout much

You can disagree if you want, but you’d be wrong.
Bottom of the ninth, your #8 batter hits a double and your #9 batter, probably a slow-ass catcher who can’t hit for shit anyway is up to bat. A bunt down the third base line wouldn’t be horrible.

Bottom of the ninth, your #8 batter hits a double and your #9 batter, probably a slow-ass catcher who can’t hit for shit anyway is up to bat. A bunt down the third base line wouldn’t be horrible.
You really gonna trust a catcher to get a good bunt down? That has hard bunt right back to pitcher and a tag out at third written all over it

You really gonna trust a catcher to get a good bunt down? That has hard bunt right back to pitcher and a tag out at third written all over it
My catcher bunts like a wizard. Right down the third base line about 60 feet. Slow roller right in between. Makes you want to weep.

And for real, I probably trust him more to put down a decent bunt than I would to move the runner swinging.

I guess. There’s no way I’d ever want to take the bat out of either Braves catcher’s hands though.

Thanksgiving Fauci GIF by GIPHY News

The right time to bunt is when it isn't expected. I'm a big proponent of using the bunt to break up a no hitter after the 3rd inning. If the pitcher doesn't like it, then tell his 1B and 3B to wake the fuck up.

The right time to bunt is when it isn't expected. I'm a big proponent of using the bunt to break up a no hitter after the 3rd inning. If the pitcher doesn't like it, then tell his 1B and 3B to wake the fuck up.
agree

it's a tool that makes small ball work.

agree

it's a tool that makes small ball work.
Corners playing too deep and taking away hits? Bunt on em a couple of times a game and see how easier it is to find the gaps when the corners aren't playing back on the grass.

Want to really spice it up? Slash. Put the fear in the corners.