Archie Manning

Saw Arch (the kid) for the first time last night. He was on ESPN2. He’s got the Manning forehead.

Archie's boys were going to practice with the Saints since they were 10 and 12....LOL

This. He was a one man team FFS!

That they won any games back then is a huge surprise! Had he ended up elsewhere he would have done so much better.
This is the only genre that I trust this shallow gene pool, swamp dwelling, dying man shaming, lunatic on being expert in. Oh and weed.

This is the only genre that I trust this shallow gene pool, swamp dwelling, dying man shaming, lunatic on being expert in. Oh and weed.
He's on point with Senor Stupid as well.

I don’t know Rock....we can all find a specific stat or stat combination to insert doubt on all but the top players of all time.

I can’t say I have recollection of Archie playing because I was too young. But I’ve watched things like the 30 for 30 on him (IIRC) and there was context that I remember. He was always a gunslinger who threw lots of INTs.

In college he proved something that was somewhat unique at the time. He could run the ball.

I’m sure the Saints saw a comp to Tarkenton......but it was the fucking Saints. He never had any protection. Any clips I remember seeing he’s running for his life.

None of that though is a super defense of him as a player. Already said but the big deal of Archie Manning is his sons.

Yes he was. I don’t think he got to play college ball at all.
IIRC he came down with some sickness or disease (or maybe it was injury of heart condition)....something that ended his playing days in HS.

At that point he was more highly touted than his two brothers were....so who knows if he was even going to be better if he could have.