Poll Are You Sold On TX/OU To The SEC?

Are You Completely SOLD On Texas and Oklahoma Going To The SEC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's done man.. even the aggy minister of information has comeout and said.. it's done.. which is why the new PR angle is we are ready, we have a 10 year head start, etc.

Link to that.....

To me she was just addressing rumor.

I did see where they said they were ready for any changes, but didn't address OU/TX specifically. I don't recall her saying anything about "It's done".

seems the SEC needed them enough to keep it away from one of their "every voice matters" schools
No doubt it will increase the revenues for each SEC team, but the SEC was doing just fine without OU/UT. The Big XII needs those two flagships, they practically carry the entire conference.

Link to that.....

To me she was just addressing rumor.

I did see where they said they were ready for any changes, but didn't address OU/TX specifically. I don't recall her saying anything about "It's done".
It was a screenshot from an aggy moderator..

I don't feel like digging though the realignment thread where I saw it.. that things grows 20 pages every hour smh

"Dear SEC. You'd never be where you are if it weren't for us"

Yep. We can all hear it already.
we about to put an extra 15 -20 mil per school.. probably ensures that other Brands carrying their conference decide to bolt too..

It was a screenshot from an aggy moderator..

I don't feel like digging though the realignment thread where I saw it.. that things grows 20 pages every hour smh

Huh? I'd have screenshot, snipped, or saved that post somehow.

It would be the first I've seen that wasn't tweeter click-bait rumor. i.e. An actual confirmation from an official anywhere.

Why hasn't the SEC offices confirmed it?
Why haven't tejas or OU offices confirmed it.
Why hasn't the Big 12 offices confirmed it.

Everything has been some tweeter looking for attention and claiming to "Know someone in the know".

we about to put an extra 15 -20 mil per school.. probably ensures that other Brands carrying their conference decide to bolt too..
tenor.gif

Huh? I'd have screenshot, snipped, or saved that post somehow.

It would be the first I've seen that wasn't tweeter click-bait rumor. i.e. An actual confirmation from an official anywhere.

Why hasn't the SEC offices confirmed it?
Why haven't tejas or OU offices confirmed it.
Why hasn't the Big 12 offices confirmed it.

Everything has been some tweeter looking for attention and claiming to "Know someone in the know".
alright man I'm done.. it's happening.. but go ahead and run through all scenarios that it doesn't or speculate about how FOX is about to throw them ridiculous money to fight evil empire ESPN

Texas and Oklahoma are looking for a bigger share of the Big12 revenues.
Nothing to see here...move along now!

@outofyourmind ... What is your depth like, particularly your front seven? What I am curious about is do you have solid rotation groups for the week in and week out grind or do the starters play practically all game. TIA.

@outofyourmind ... What is your depth like, particularly your front seven? What I am curious about is do you have solid rotation groups for the week in and week out grind or do the starters play practically all game. TIA.

"Heading into the 2021 college football season, Oklahoma’s defensive line is poised for stardom on the gridiron. Last season under Alex Grinch’s tutelage, the Sooners had one of the most formidable pass rushes in the nation. The group consistently brought penetration and thrived in Grinch’s one-gap scheme.

Nik Bonitto and Isaiah Thomas created a dynamic tandem off the edge with 95 combined pressures in 2020. In the stand up, rush linebacker role, Bonitto was credited by PFF with the nation’s top pressure rate (25.7%) and ranked first nationally among 257 edge rushers in pass rush grade (93.5). His quick get off from a two-point stance is rare and carved up Big 12 offenses. Thomas played both defensive end and defensive tackle, accumulating a team-high 8.5 sacks in 2020. He was rated by PFF as the nation’s No. 74 overall player following the season.

Jalen Redmond is back healthy and ready to contribute. He led the Sooners with 6.5 sacks in 2019 but faced many struggles that derailed his career in Norman. He underwent a health scare that sidelined him for all but three games in 2018- blood clots. Then he opted out of the 2020 season due to health concerns amidst the global pandemic. Redmond will make his debut return and has the flexibility to play multiple positions in the line in certain packages. He is expected to start at defensive tackle with Perrion Winfrey at nose tackle.

Winfrey was a key cog in OU’s defensive line last season, earning second-team All-Big 12 selection. His size and power make a dangerous combination in the trenches. Winfrey will once again anchor the front unit and relentlessly pursue the football. LaRon Stokes is also back in the mix. He was named the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2019 and made five starts in 2020, missing three games due to injury. He will take advantage of the NCAA’s blanket waiver and return. With the loss of Ronnie Perkins to the NFL draft, Stokes provides depth and disruption capability.

With the talent in place for 2021, Oklahoma’s defensive front has the potential to be the best in college football."

"Heading into the 2021 college football season, Oklahoma’s defensive line is poised for stardom on the gridiron. Last season under Alex Grinch’s tutelage, the Sooners had one of the most formidable pass rushes in the nation. The group consistently brought penetration and thrived in Grinch’s one-gap scheme.

Nik Bonitto and Isaiah Thomas created a dynamic tandem off the edge with 95 combined pressures in 2020. In the stand up, rush linebacker role, Bonitto was credited by PFF with the nation’s top pressure rate (25.7%) and ranked first nationally among 257 edge rushers in pass rush grade (93.5). His quick get off from a two-point stance is rare and carved up Big 12 offenses. Thomas played both defensive end and defensive tackle, accumulating a team-high 8.5 sacks in 2020. He was rated by PFF as the nation’s No. 74 overall player following the season.

Jalen Redmond is back healthy and ready to contribute. He led the Sooners with 6.5 sacks in 2019 but faced many struggles that derailed his career in Norman. He underwent a health scare that sidelined him for all but three games in 2018- blood clots. Then he opted out of the 2020 season due to health concerns amidst the global pandemic. Redmond will make his debut return and has the flexibility to play multiple positions in the line in certain packages. He is expected to start at defensive tackle with Perrion Winfrey at nose tackle.

Winfrey was a key cog in OU’s defensive line last season, earning second-team All-Big 12 selection. His size and power make a dangerous combination in the trenches. Winfrey will once again anchor the front unit and relentlessly pursue the football. LaRon Stokes is also back in the mix. He was named the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year in 2019 and made five starts in 2020, missing three games due to injury. He will take advantage of the NCAA’s blanket waiver and return. With the loss of Ronnie Perkins to the NFL draft, Stokes provides depth and disruption capability.

With the talent in place for 2021, Oklahoma’s defensive front has the potential to be the best in college football."
That is a good read but it misses my question. I accept that y'all have talent on D but my question is do y'all rotate the big uglies/backers during meaningful snaps in contested games without a drop off in performance? Some coaches rotate more and some less ... I just have no idea how y'all do it. TIA.

That is a good read but it misses my question. I accept that y'all have talent on D but my question is do y'all rotate the big uglies/backers during meaningful snaps in contested games without a drop off in performance? Some coaches rotate more and some less ... I just have no idea how y'all do it. TIA.
Oh.

Yeah, there is quite a bit of rotation happening on most snaps. Situational most frequently, rarely reactionary to personnel changes (this is one of the things we've been missing for a long time, the ability to dictate more often on defense instead of being purely reactionary). I don't recall frequency increasing with gametime...so, the conditioning is rarely a concern per usual.

If you go and look at any defensive stats from last year for OU you'll see that 33 players tallied tackles last season. 7 different DL players had at least 5 tackles with Isiah Thomas leading at 31 tackles. The edges will see some rotation as well, but the DL and backfield see the most.

I don't know what the buckeyes had against Grinch as a DC...he has done nothing but improve our defense, but I'm not sure it could have been any worse before his arrival.

Going off the financials of each Big 12 school, if Texas and Oklahoma remain and accept the deal to increase their share to roughly around $50 million per year with a corresponding decrease for the other schools then many of those schools are gonna be in the red aka going broke anyway. It's to the point where any which way it goes the rest of the Big 12 are significantly poorer unless they escape the conference and get a better deal. A school like Kansas is gonna have an incentive to bail no matter what if the B1G will let them in. Same goes for Iowa State.

Texas and Oklahoma can take the money and dominate a dying conference or they can take the money and compete in a thriving conference. To me the decision seems easy, but I'm biased as hell.

Oh.

Yeah, there is quite a bit of rotation happening on most snaps. Situational most frequently, rarely reactionary to personnel changes (this is one of the things we've been missing for a long time, the ability to dictate more often on defense instead of being purely reactionary). I don't recall frequency increasing with gametime...so, the conditioning is rarely a concern per usual.

If you go and look at any defensive stats from last year for OU you'll see that 33 players tallied tackles last season. 7 different DL players had at least 5 tackles with Isiah Thomas leading at 31 tackles. The edges will see some rotation as well, but the DL and backfield see the most.

I don't know what the buckeyes had against Grinch as a DC...he has done nothing but improve our defense, but I'm not sure it could have been any worse before his arrival.

Occupant, I am generally running with the idea that you are correct but I will point out that everything about Oklahoma's Defense being good is all speculation right now and there hasn't been anything on the field to support it yet.

That being said, it does sound likely that OU could have a heck of a football team this year. With football, though, never buy into the preseason hype.

Occupant, I am generally running with the idea that you are correct but I will point out that everything about Oklahoma's Defense being good is all speculation right now and there hasn't been anything on the field to support it yet.

That being said, it does sound likely that OU could have a heck of a football team this year. With football, though, never buy into the preseason hype.
Did you not see the defense pick off Kyle Trask 3 times in the 1st half?

I’m all in.

I’m never all in.

We’ve been half a defense shy of winning at least 1 playoff game. We got that now.

Two of our losses last year were without needed talent (suspensions) and Rattler was still pretty green.

I’m very confident in OU’s chances this season.

Did you not see the defense pick off Kyle Trask 3 times in the 1st half?

Good point. Still, OU really struggled last year and just blew up in bowl game. Florida was in a free-fall at the end of the season. Heck, they lost to the worse LSU team in a decade.

Good point. Still, OU really struggled last year and just blew up in bowl game. Florida was in a free-fall at the end of the season. Heck, they lost to the worse LSU team in a decade.
They almost somehow beat Bama. Crazy