Poll Are You Sold On TX/OU To The SEC?

Are You Completely SOLD On Texas and Oklahoma Going To The SEC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thing is already done. Texas jumped out in front of this knowing the amount of backlash it was going to recieve. The school president, State Gov already laid the path to ensure pissed off politicians (alumnus) of other state schools couldn't road block this.

Red, sorry man but even if UT and ou stayed and they expanded and grabbed Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF or whomever else that is in the G5.. this would have failed in another 7-10 years regardless.

As much hate as UT/ou are getting, they deserve some credit for keeping the Big12 together an additional 10 years with the schools making MUCH more money than the market dictated. They were getting paid for 12 schools despite only having 10 members. Their tier 1 and tier 2 deals alone were worth more than the ACC and PACs full media deals.

Baylor put a shit ton of money into upgrading it's facilities, coaching hires, and coverups. OSU also has upgraded it's facilities..(big thanks to Boone too). These things do not go unnoticed and make them attractive for possible moves to another P4 conference. Funny part is that KU had literally done NOTHING to improve it's football program since the last round of realignment. Yet are most likely to get rewarded anyways because of their bball program that has been fighting the NCAA for a minute now.
WVU as well. Facilities were a dump when they joined the Big12, not the case at all now, much better now because of that revenue. IF they wind up in another P5 conference it will be a direct result of being a part of the Big12.

Oh.

Yeah, there is quite a bit of rotation happening on most snaps. Situational most frequently, rarely reactionary to personnel changes (this is one of the things we've been missing for a long time, the ability to dictate more often on defense instead of being purely reactionary). I don't recall frequency increasing with gametime...so, the conditioning is rarely a concern per usual.

If you go and look at any defensive stats from last year for OU you'll see that 33 players tallied tackles last season. 7 different DL players had at least 5 tackles with Isiah Thomas leading at 31 tackles. The edges will see some rotation as well, but the DL and backfield see the most.

I don't know what the buckeyes had against Grinch as a DC...he has done nothing but improve our defense, but I'm not sure it could have been any worse before his arrival.
Thanks for the great info. It is hard to tell from a stat line if the player gets stats in garbage time only or rotating during the games. Thanks for clearing that up. TBH assuming the SEC goes to geographically correct divisions OU is king of the west until someone proves differently IMHO. I do believe that rotating the front seven with starting quality players is worth a game or two a season and was the reason for my question.

Thanks for the great info. It is hard to tell from a stat line if the player gets stats in garbage time only or rotating during the games. Thanks for clearing that up. TBH assuming the SEC goes to geographically correct divisions OU is king of the west until someone proves differently IMHO. I do believe that rotating the front seven with starting quality players is worth a game or two a season and was the reason for my question.
Dude....

I can show you for sure what bad defense looks like...I seent it.
*cue mike stoops reel

Dude....

I can show you for sure what bad defense looks like...I seent it.
*cue mike stoops reel
I dare anyone to show me more missed tackles than we had the last year of Coach Chizik. I do want to be clear that I am slighting your D. I just don't watch you guys but a couple of times a year so I have little idea of some the nuts and bolts of your game management. Sounds like you have and develop depth with meaningful experience and again that is worth a win or two a season, IMHO.