Auto Watering

Those systems are pretty easy to put together, and put water right where you need it, with little waste.
I might be a little short on the bigger tubing, but this kit should have enough misters and gadgets to water all my tomatoes and peppers along with my flowers.

Still trying to figure out if I can plum my hanging baskets. Might need an overhead system for those or I might just have to put them on the ground while I'm gone.

I might be a little short on the bigger tubing, but this kit should have enough misters and gadgets to water all my tomatoes and peppers along with my flowers.

Still trying to figure out if I can plum my hanging baskets. Might need an overhead system for those or I might just have to put them on the ground while I'm gone.
the big tubing is super cheap
like 10 bucks for 50 feet from lowes and like 50 for like 500 feet or somethin retarded like that

Reactions: Fog

You can run line up a post or something and then down to the baskets similar to how i set up my wifes big ass planters it goes from teh ground up to the pot (though when i finish landscaping im actually going to plum inside the pot once i get all set on where things will be)

Reactions: Fog
You can run line up a post or something and then down to the baskets similar to how i set up my wifes big ass planters it goes from teh ground up to the pot (though when i finish landscaping im actually going to plum inside the pot once i get all set on where things will be)
I'm thinking I need either some PVC clamps or Nylon Single hole clamps to mount the tubing going up the post.

41Isx5zp93L._AC_.jpg

71ULJLa9VKL._AC_SX679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

I'm thinking I need either some PVC clamps or Nylon Single hole clamps to mount the tubing going up the post.

41Isx5zp93L._AC_.jpg

71ULJLa9VKL._AC_SX679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg
Looks like you have a plan

I'm not sure if it's a plan but more let's see what I can build without a plan. Just got me some tubing and some fittings.

286004318_10227341710198077_6940578362455796981_n.jpg
So i learned as i went and have been putting off redoing the ones in the front cuz i didnt realize how well these things worked but you can literally just use the but end connectors and a tool that puts a hole in the big pipe and then you push that connector in and boom take your 1/2 inch pipe to the 1/4 inch for the actual sprayer fittings. on one side i did all 1/4 inch fittings and t'd them. Tried that in the vegetable garden and there was not enough flow and had to take individual 1/4 inch pipes to the sprayers and boom problem solved and removed the pressure regulator cuz each of the sprayers i used for those were rated for higher psi and gph

So i learned as i went and have been putting off redoing the ones in the front cuz i didnt realize how well these things worked but you can literally just use the but end connectors and a tool that puts a hole in the big pipe and then you push that connector in and boom take your 1/2 inch pipe to the 1/4 inch for the actual sprayer fittings. on one side i did all 1/4 inch fittings and t'd them. Tried that in the vegetable garden and there was not enough flow and had to take individual 1/4 inch pipes to the sprayers and boom problem solved and removed the pressure regulator cuz each of the sprayers i used for those were rated for higher psi and gph
I saw this tool at Hope Depot....

61BUYY9wRsL._AC_UL320_.jpg

So the more 1/2 tubing I use the better, meaning if I want to water my front yard flower bed from my water source in the back yard use 1/2 tubing for the distance and then pipe it down to the 1/4" just to operate the nozzles? Don't run 1/4" tubing all the way to the front yard?

I saw this tool at Hope Depot....

61BUYY9wRsL._AC_UL320_.jpg

So the more 1/2 tubing I use the better, meaning if I want to water my front yard flower bed from my water source in the back yard use 1/2 tubing for the distance and then pipe it down to the 1/4" just to operate the nozzles? Don't run 1/4" tubing all the way to the front yard?
Exactly what you said. Not sure what that tool is, might be a fancier one than what i got that pokes the hole but ya you got it

so i terminated the pipe near this one but it was easier to take a picture of than the others cuz well i havent burried it or anything yet :D

sounds like you got it tho

lRoA5IK.jpg

the micro watering systems are the way to
right into the pot

I have my hanging baskets dialed in and I'm experimenting with a 2GPH mister and 1GPH dripper.

I ran them for 15 minutes and both started having water come out of the baskets around the five-minute mark.

Now I'll setup a routine and have them turn on for five minutes a day early in the morning.

Next is my 6x6 flower bed...I hooked up one 90 degree mister and it was going out about 7 feet.

Hmmm.....when I read the flow rate and the distance I thought it said 7-9 inches.....Well back to the drawing board.

I have my hanging baskets dialed in and I'm experimenting with a 2GPH mister and 1GPH dripper.

I ran them for 15 minutes and both started having water come out of the baskets around the five-minute mark.

Now I'll setup a routine and have them turn on for five minutes a day early in the morning.

Next is my 6x6 flower bed...I hooked up one 90 degree mister and it was going out about 7 feet.

Hmmm.....when I read the flow rate and the distance I thought it said 7-9 inches.....Well back to the drawing board.
I use 2 180 and 2 360(for the raised garden beds) they are adjustable flow rate ones infact all my heads are adjustable after I decided against set gph I wanted to be able to tweak easier

Got the kit from Amazon today and messed with a couple of the sprinkler heads....

Much better....

287187242_10227353352609130_625044990194707767_n.jpg

287419885_10227353353009140_9034024176838114156_n.jpg

The kit from Amazon has some Pro's and Con's.

The Pro's

All the emitters give off a nice, uniformed pattern.

The Con's

Not enough of the 1/2 hose.

Overall, for my application not ideal.

I'll give a C

289296020_10227376412305608_4163801380057737381_n.jpg

289262963_10227376412825621_7089567349372497233_n.jpg

For my tomatoes I'm creating a soaker hose halo and then covering up with a thin layer of dirt, so the plant doesn't get wet while watering.