Auto Watering

289296020_10227376412305608_4163801380057737381_n.jpg

289262963_10227376412825621_7089567349372497233_n.jpg

For my tomatoes I'm creating a soaker hose halo and then covering up with a thin layer of dirt, so the plant doesn't get wet while watering.
Ohh you went with the weeping hose, how's that working out for you?

Ohh you went with the weeping hose, how's that working out for you?
I just hooked up tonight and running a test.

I have the timer on for 30 minutes we'll see how much water comes out the bottom of the pots.

I have three different drippers too....1, 2 and 4 gallons per hour.

I have the next couple of days off so I'm going to mess around a bit more to see what is going to work best.

Getting this dialed in....

*Thinking I need a couple more valves*

I have three different drippers too....1, 2 and 4 gallons per hour.

I have the next couple of days off so I'm going to mess around a bit more to see what is going to work best.

Getting this dialed in....

*Thinking I need a couple more valves*
I went with variable heads so I didn't need more valves cuz dialing in with the 1 2 and 4 gph were licking my nutz

I went with variable heads so I didn't need more valves cuz dialing in with the 1 2 and 4 gph were licking my nutz
That makes sense and cuts down on the hardware....

I have three zones and wanted to water each zone at different times.

Zone One my front yard with flowers.

Zone Two my veggies.

Zone Three my dahlias along the river bank.

Well see how that works....

Maybe next year I'll do my grass.

That makes sense and cuts down on the hardware....

I have three zones and wanted to water each zone at different times.

Zone One my front yard with flowers.

Zone Two my veggies.

Zone Three my dahlias along the river bank.

Well see how that works....

Maybe next year I'll do my grass.
I have 3 zones as well but would be 5 if I didn't use variable heads. My lawn already has a sprinkler system (4 zones) but it can't reach or isn't adequate water without over water the lawn.

I have 3 zones as well but would be 5 if I didn't use variable heads. My lawn already has a sprinkler system (4 zones) but it can't reach or isn't adequate water without over water the lawn.
I think what will happen is, as I learn, my hardware will decrease and I'll be more efficient with less hardware.

Some of my hardware is variable and probably need to dial those in as I refine my system.

The main objective for this summer is to be able to water things when I'm in New York.

So I came home from work a couple days ago and one of my compression fittings let go and it flooded a small section of my yard. So now I have PVC holding all the pressure so nothing will fail with full time pressure. If I have a failure with my drip line now the valve will turn off and keep the place from flooding....

290929949_10227452392485065_3827418290209827593_n.jpg

290435748_10227452392645069_2864281078492083770_n.jpg

So I came home from work a couple days ago and one of my compression fittings let go and it flooded a small section of my yard. So now I have PVC holding all the pressure so nothing will fail with full time pressure. If I have a failure with my drip line now the valve will turn off and keep the place from flooding....

290929949_10227452392485065_3827418290209827593_n.jpg

290435748_10227452392645069_2864281078492083770_n.jpg
did you not reduce the pressure? they sell pressure reducers and i think most recommend using a 25 psi limiter

Reactions: Fog
did you not reduce the pressure? they sell pressure reducers and i think most recommend using a 25 psi limiter
It was upstream of my wifi valve and thought I could get away with dripline fittings....

I fixed it so there were no dripline or compression fittings up stream of any of my wifi valves in case of a failure and I was in NY.

BTW I leave tomorrow fingers crossed this all works.

With everything pvc upstream of my wifi valves I won't have failures while I'm gone and the water continues to flow freely.

If I have any failures with my driplines, it will be downstream, and can be controlled with my wifi valves.

However you are right I should reduce the psi to prevent any future failures.

When I get back from NY and dial things in a bit more I'll be adding the psi limiters.

It was upstream of my wifi valve and thought I could get away with dripline fittings....

I fixed it so there were no dripline or compression fittings up stream of any of my wifi valves in case of a failure and I was in NY.

BTW I leave tomorrow fingers crossed this all works.

With everything pvc upstream of my wifi valves I won't have failures while I'm gone and the water continues to flow freely.

If I have any failures with my driplines, it will be downstream, and can be controlled with my wifi valves.

However you are right I should reduce the psi to prevent any future failures.

When I get back from NY and dial things in a bit more I'll be adding the psi limiters.
You got cameras that can see if they are on or on too long?

In some spots yes...but my app tells me if a valve is open or closed so I don't need to see....
Catastrophic failure is more of why I was curious

After Further Review....

It worked well but lost internet a couple of times...

We also had six days in a row where it was in the 90's so that also stressed the system.

I'll give it a grade of B-

After Further Review....

It worked well but lost internet a couple of times...

We also had six days in a row where it was in the 90's so that also stressed the system.

I'll give it a grade of B-
Did it not run without internet?

Did it not run without internet?
The ones I had on a timer worked fine without the internet....and the flowers and weeds did really well.

The couple I had that weren't on timers and I wanted to manually control them did their job well but when I had internet interruptions I had to wait.

The ones I had on a timer worked fine without the internet....and the flowers and weeds did really well.

The couple I had that weren't on timers and I wanted to manually control them did their job well but when I had internet interruptions I had to wait.
Gotcha so that's really a failure of the isp not the system then yea? Or was it router connection issues?

Gotcha so that's really a failure of the isp not the system then yea? Or was it router connection issues?
It was probably a combo of having no ISP in the middle of nowhere while I was in NY and or my wifi connection.

Next time I'm going to program my valves, so I don't have to worry about trying to manually operate them.

It's WIP and there were a couple of other issues with using the right soil in my hanging baskets....

The six days in a row of 90's, which was a record here in Seattle, played a role in some of the flowers and veggies to feel the heat.

It was probably a combo of having no ISP in the middle of nowhere while I was in NY and or my wifi connection.

Next time I'm going to program my valves, so I don't have to worry about trying to manually operate them.

It's WIP and there were a couple of other issues with using the right soil in my hanging baskets....

The six days in a row of 90's, which was a record here in Seattle, played a role in some of the flowers and veggies to feel the heat.
Gotcha