He deserves a nice big Gus Johnson nickname

Shititti Petitti

Thanks Gus

I mean his serious health condition.

The college game nearly killed the man!
worlds-smallest-violin.gif

Lol another garbage opponent for the Big 10
Champs

I thought Iowa's defense showed up and played great. 14 of Michigan's points came from a 5-yard drive after a huge punt return and a 6-yard drive after a fumble. The rest of the points were from field goals, 3 or which followed turnover on downs at Michigan 45, a fumble at Iowa's 26, and turnover on downs at Michigan 45.

Michigan had 14 first downs -tied PSU for fewest number of first downs Michigan forced
Michigan had 213 total offense - fewest total yards Michigan had this season (next would be PSU with 287)
Michigan had 66 rushing yards - fewest rushing yards Michigan had this season (next would be Purdue with 110)
Michigan had 147 passing yards - 4th fewest passing yards Michigan had this season
Only PSU held Michigan to lower points

I thought Iowa's defense showed up and played great. 14 of Michigan's points came from a 5-yard drive after a huge punt return and a 6-yard drive after a fumble. The rest of the points were from field goals, 3 or which followed turnover on downs at Michigan 45, a fumble at Iowa's 26, and turnover on downs at Michigan 45.

Michigan had 14 first downs -tied PSU for fewest number of first downs Michigan forced
Michigan had 213 total offense - fewest total yards Michigan had this season (next would be PSU with 287)
Michigan had 66 rushing yards - fewest rushing yards Michigan had this season (next would be Purdue with 110)
Michigan had 147 passing yards - 4th fewest passing yards Michigan had this season
Only PSU held Michigan to lower points

Yeah, Iowa's defense certainly did their job. Receivers had trouble getting separation all night and while McCarthy was abe to complete two thirds of his passes, the receivers were incapable of getting any kinds of YAC. There were a few drops, that one to Loveland on third down would have been one of the biggest plays on offense. I get playing conservatively against that defense, but it would have been nice to see them try more weird and aggressive stuff earlier. Oh well.

This OL really does need a healthy Zinter back though.