Poll Backyard Mecca Decision

What should we put in the backyard?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
Bought a new house and it has a small yard and we want to do something fun with it. We have a covered porch and patio but we are going to cover the patio in flagstone and extend it 14 feet into the yard.

We were going to put a small pool in but that was 48k which was ridiculous.

Almost pulled the trigger on an outdoor fireplace but I’m not sure how much it would be used for the money I would spend.

I’m making a pill to get suggestions.

Fire away.

The first pool I put in was cement, in ground, 10' deep w/diving board.
With built in hot tub.
Early 90's
$15,600

Point is, we never had any regrets in 20 years, got a bunch of family use out of it.
Maintenance wasn't fun.

The first pool I put in was cement, in ground, 10' deep w/diving board.
With built in hot tub.
Early 90's
$15,600

Point is, we never had any regrets in 20 years, got a bunch of family use out of it.
Maintenance wasn't fun.
That'll cost you about 75K around here nowadays.

I vote in ground pool as well :thumb:

Just get an empty 55 gallon drum, shoot some holes in it and you have yourself a burn barrel.

I know a couple people with an outdoor fireplace, and it does look pretty sick.

Mecca, you say?

Then you need to put one a'these bad boys in the yard:

Kaaba_-Mecca_-Saudi_Arabia-1Aug2008.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: Me
You’ll get the most use out of an outdoor kitchen. Buy an inexpensive chiminea at Home Depot for when you want a fire.

Bought a new house and it has a small yard and we want to do something fun with it. We have a covered porch and patio but we are going to cover the patio in flagstone and extend it 14 feet into the yard.

Almost pulled the trigger on an outdoor fireplace but I’m not sure how much it would be used for the money I would spend.

Fire away.
Where do you live, cocksucker?

I got my guy in the off season and he needed the business.
It's super slow in the winter.
If you call a large pool company around here right now, you'll be lucky to be swimming at home by this time next year. The newbie companies and fly by night operations might be able to get you up and running just in time to winterize it and shut it down til spring.

Firepit. That's the cheapest option and easiest to get rid of when you realize sitting in the backyard getting bit by mosquitos sucks :happy:

I only use our outdoor kitchen to hold things as I grill, mostly it just takes up patio space. A hot tub you will use infrequently, trust me. You will spend a lot heating it and keeping the water clean, and when it is cold you will enjoy it until you have to get out.

Fire away.
I just installed mosquito curtains around our new covered patio, love it. Now I can leave the back door open and with the curtains closed off the bugs can't get in. Right at $1k and I installed it myself in an afternoon. Makes us able to actually use the patio, plus it keeps out heat and I imagine it will help keep heat in during the winter.

I just installed mosquito curtains around our new covered patio, love it. Now I can leave the back door open and with the curtains closed off the bugs can't get in. Right at $1k and I installed it myself in an afternoon. Makes us able to actually use the patio, plus it keeps out heat and I imagine it will help keep heat in during the winter.
That is an excellent tip.

Firepit. That's the cheapest option and easiest to get rid of when you realize sitting in the backyard getting bit by mosquitos sucks :happy:

I only use our outdoor kitchen to hold things as I grill, mostly it just takes up patio space. A hot tub you will use infrequently, trust me. You will spend a lot heating it and keeping the water clean, and when it is cold you will enjoy it until you have to get out.
So basically just expand the patio. That’s kinda where I was headed because the other stuff seemed cool but how often would you use it.

Good stuff.

Pool isn’t an option and isn’t happening so you mofos need to pay attention.