• Glory

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • The Hurricane

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Has he ever had a shit movie?
I picked Flight for the poll, as it's the one I've seen most recently.

This clip maybe loses some in context....but anyone that seen it knows....this scene right here.

This is EXACTLY the scene I was referring to when I made my pick. Unreal acting chops. :clap:

But damn, the acting in Flight and American Gangster?

Denzel has to be at the very top of the list of our generation.

Exactly the two I would pick for someone who has only seen one Denzel movie. I might need to go rewatch Glory again. Almost picked that one in the poll; it was a close second to Training Day
And I would recommend ya'll go watch The Hurricane and Fences if you haven't.

There are only a few movies/actors that have brought me to the brink of crying from a movie. The Hurricane is one of those movies and I think it hits that much harder because it is based on a true story.

Not that I would pick it for the top, but how was this one missed?

Grossly underrated Denzel movie....loved this movie.

Ive seen a couple of his movies,not even half pn your list,but the ones I did see,Inside Man is the best one.......
Loved the performance from Clive Owen and Christopher Plummer is a top 5 actor of mine......

And his newest film"The Little things" looks damn interesting.....

Has he ever had a shit movie?
I picked Flight for the poll, as it's the one I've seen most recently.
Pelham 123 was pretty crappy. Wasn’t really his fault though.

And I would recommend ya'll go watch The Hurricane and Fences if you haven't.

There are only a few movies/actors that have brought me to the brink of crying from a movie. The Hurricane is one of those movies and I think it hits that much harder because it is based on a true story.

Have not seen Fences yet, but it’s on the list now.

Hurricane....based on a true story and a Dylan song. He was out of sight in that.

Have not seen Fences yet, but it’s on the list now.

Hurricane....based on a true story and a Dylan song. He was out of sight in that.
One thing to notice is how Fences is filmed. It is based on a play and if you pay attention to how it is filmed, it looks as if it is shot as a play in many respects as well. I thought it was really cool. Fantastic movie.

Denzel has been in so many movies.

He was pretty solid in the Lethal Weapon series. Blade series had a lot of action too.
200.gif

I wanted to pick The Hurricane as I love that movie and he is absolutely fantastic in it. However, I felt Fences was on a different level. Fantastic movie.
I didn't care for fences, as it was based off of a play and it felt like i was watching a play. just to give an example, this year's ma rainey's black bottom felt more like i was watching a movie, maybe the larger cast played into it, so the monologues weren't as focused (and the musical nature didn't hurt either).

I didn't care for fences, as it was based off of a play and it felt like i was watching a play. just to give an example, this year's ma rainey's black bottom felt more like i was watching a movie, maybe the larger cast played into it, so the monologues weren't as focused (and the musical nature didn't hurt either).
That was actually something that I really enjoyed about the movie, that I felt like I was watching a play. It was different and good.

That was actually something that I really enjoyed about the movie, that I felt like I was watching a play. It was different and good.
i guess as i've only looked at two of these threads and i feel oscars are coming up, that's how i looked at this to an extent. when i say fences felt like a play, it just looked fake when watching it, whereas ma rainey's black bottom looked like i was watching the conversations between the band, the agents, sound people, etc, was like being a fly on the wall. i guess i just feel some adaptations are done better than others. not that denzel was bad in it (is he ever), just finally watched deja vu this past week, so still trying to come to terms with that.

2 guns is amusing

Besides being a Denzel Washington fan, I also really like Gary Oldman... and I really enjoyed Book of Eli.