Poll Best/Favorite Matthew McConaughey Film

Which movie is his best?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
There are a lot of his I haven't seen, so please recommend. I am also focusing on films where he was either the main star or at least had a bigger role than The Wolf of Wall Street, so you won't find that on here.

I’m going to be that odd ball that picked Other. Here’s the thing....I like McConaughey, but I’ve never greatly liked many of the movies he was in.

When it comes to actors who have done movies and high quality prestige TV those roles should be included as well.

McConaughey was lights out in season one of True Detective. That was by far his tops for me. It really caught me by surprise.

I’m going to be that odd ball that picked Other. Here’s the thing....I like McConaughey, but I’ve never greatly liked many of the movies he was in.

When it comes to actors who have done movies and high quality prestige TV those roles should be included as well.

McConaughey was lights out in season one of True Detective. That was by far his tops for me. It really caught me by surprise.
Fair enough.

I haven't worked out my top 50 of all time or anything, but I am sure that both Interstellar and A Time To Kill are both in there.

There are a lot of his I haven't seen, so please recommend. I am also focusing on films where he was either the main star or at least had a bigger role than The Wolf of Wall Street, so you won't find that on here.
from that perspective, i don't feel like he was in tropic thunder or dazed and confused all that much.

He put his body out there for DBC, Mud was good, Sahara and Reign of Fire were fun, not sure what these are supposed to be graded on.

from that perspective, i don't feel like he was in tropic thunder or dazed and confused all that much.

He put his body out there for DBC, Mud was good, Sahara and Reign of Fire were fun, not sure what these are supposed to be graded on.
He had some pretty funny moments in Tropic Thunder. But I put Dazed and Confused in there because I figured I would have got hate if I didn't. He does have that iconic line in it.

He had some pretty funny moments in Tropic Thunder. But I put Dazed and Confused in there because I figured I would have got hate if I didn't. He does have that iconic line in it.
dazed and confused is his iconic line, hell, it's how he accepted his oscar of DBC. it's what most will know him for, that said, I guess DBC was the most memorable for as far as he put himself out there.

Dazed and Confused.

EDtv just for the necklace beer coozy, and Woody Harrleson.

A good question raised. I debated this last night.

@Blackshirts BLVD Are we rating their best performance, or the best movie they were in?

I don’t think it has to be one way or the other, keeping it open fosters debate. Just curious

A good question raised. I debated this last night.

@Blackshirts BLVD Are we rating their best performance, or the best movie they were in?

I don’t think it has to be one way or the other, keeping it open fosters debate. Just curious
I think that is up to you. Vote however you want.

I was voting based on the movies I like the most.

I think that is up to you. Vote however you want.

I was voting based on the movies I like the most.
I am voting the same way. I think it’s wise to just leave it up to the voter. :thumb:

I'm voting based on which ones I think are their best performances. If it's on favorite movies from the list, my votes would be different.
Fair enough, however you want to do it. That was kind of why I put it as "Best/Favorite" - you decide.

I've only really seen a Time to Kill

but i think you are also missing Magic Mike. Gigi won't be happy.

no free state of jones?

I thought about it, but I hadn't heard a lot of hype around it and I haven't seen it yet.
dude we (okay maybe not nebraska for most of it but you get what im sayin) just spent 2020 in lock down, plenty of time to watch 4 year old movies ;)

dude we (okay maybe not nebraska for most of it but you get what im sayin) just spent 2020 in lock down, plenty of time to watch 4 year old movies ;)
Yeah, I wasn't on any lockdown lol.

But I have watched a lot of old movies recently. The past few months, I have watched...

Jaws
Hellraiser
Hellraiser2
The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Scanners
Jeepers Creepers
Aliens

And some newer stuff like

Tenet
The Little Things
Birds of Prey