Poll Best/Favorite Matthew McConaughey Film

Which movie is his best?

• Total voters
Yeah, I wasn't on any lockdown lol.

But I have watched a lot of old movies recently. The past few months, I have watched...

Jaws
Hellraiser
Hellraiser2
The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Scanners
Jeepers Creepers
Aliens

And some newer stuff like

Tenet
The Little Things
Birds of Prey
In the Vast of Night
Crazy Rich Asians
His House
Split
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2
Underwater
The Lodge
I take it you like horror movies lol

I take it you like horror movies lol
I used to think horror movies sucked, but as my appreciation for movies grew, I realized how difficult horror movies are to make relative to dramas, comedies, actions, etc... and I found a respect for them and yeah, at this point, I think it is fair to say that it is probably my favorite genre.

I used to think horror movies sucked, but as my appreciation for movies grew, I realized how difficult horror movies are to make relative to dramas, comedies, actions, etc... and I found a respect for them and yeah, at this point, I think it is fair to say that it is probably my favorite genre.
I always find them predictable and annoying :D i used to like them when i was younger (think jeepers creepers 2 was the last one i saw in a theater) they were great to take a girl to :D

I voted Dallas Buyers Club, but I think his best work was in True Detective.

I always find them predictable and annoying :D i used to like them when i was younger (think jeepers creepers 2 was the last one i saw in a theater) they were great to take a girl to :D
It is kind of like all other genres. You rarely find a gem, but like I said... I feel as though making a good horror movie is so much tougher than making a good drama, action, comedy, etc... so it deserves more respect in that regard. Horror movies really showed me how important music and sound design was, for example... if you think of the most iconic horror movies, almost all of them have a distinct sound/music played throughout that you know even if you haven't seen the movie. Best examples are...

Halloween
The Exorcist
The Shining
Friday the 13th
Alien
Saw
Nightmare on Elm Street
Jaws
Jeepers Creepers
Gremlins
Signs

Tv Shows
X-Files
Addams Family
The Munsters
Twilight Zone

I only meant to name like 3 or 4 lol... then I just went off.

It is kind of like all other genres. You rarely find a gem, but like I said... I feel as though making a good horror movie is so much tougher than making a good drama, action, comedy, etc... so it deserves more respect in that regard. Horror movies really showed me how important music and sound design was, for example... if you think of the most iconic horror movies, almost all of them have a distinct sound/music played throughout that you know even if you haven't seen the movie. Best examples are...

Halloween
The Exorcist
The Shining
Friday the 13th
Alien
Saw
Nightmare on Elm Street
Jaws
Jeepers Creepers
Gremlins
Signs

Tv Shows
X-Files
Addams Family
The Munsters
Twilight Zone

I only meant to name like 3 or 4 lol... then I just went off.
Music is important to all entertainment in my opinion, if you mentally remove music and canned laughter most shows would suck no sound effects nothing

Failure To Launch, duh. Terry Bradshaw plays his dad.

Music is important to all entertainment in my opinion, if you mentally remove music and canned laughter most shows would suck no sound effects nothing
Sure, but there is a difference between generic, whatever music and iconic music you know. If they released the X-Files today and it had a completely different opening theme, you would probably be a little put off. I know I would be lol.

Sure, but there is a difference between generic, whatever music and iconic music you know. If they released the X-Files today and it had a completely different opening theme, you would probably be a little put off. I know I would be lol.
I dont now the xfiles theme sooooo meh? :D

I dont now the xfiles theme sooooo meh? :D
smh-icegif-2.gif