2. “His Excellence” <first> <last>
(or 2. <first> El Mero Mero <last>)

Michael "Second to" Nunn was pretty good

Mike "The Body Snatcher" McCallum

Vinny "The Pazmanian Devil" Pazienza

1. Carl “The Truth” Williams
2. “His Excellence” <first> <last>
(or 2. <first> El Mero Mero <last>)

I loved when Tyson knocked out Williams and the SI story jokingly mentioned that Don King has also been known at times to give the truth a beating :laugh:

True story: I was once in the same gym with Butterbean in Jasper, Alabama.

I have immense respect for any man who would get in a ring with him. He's horrifying. (and also the nicest guy in the place)

I saw Butterbean when my buddy from college got knocked out by former hockey goon Frank Bialowas on the undercard.

The Butterbean fight ended up being unlicensed and required headgear because Butterbean didn't check all of the right boxes so it doesn't appear on his official record. And then the over-the-hill Butterbean literally fought like King Hippo, barely moved in the ring, threw maybe 10 punches the entire fight and then lost his shit when the decision went to the other (hometown) guy. It was quite an experience.

Man,theres so many cool names(off the top of my head):

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Hitman Hearns
Second to Nunn
Smokin Joe Frazier
PacMan Pacquio

But I think my favorite would be Bernard The Executioner Hopkins.....

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Hitman Hearns
Second to Nunn
Smokin Joe Frazier
PacMan Pacquio

Marvelous Marvin had his name legally changed so that they would have to announce it that way! Nickname stories don't get better than that :laugh:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Hitman Hearns
Second to Nunn
Smokin Joe Frazier
PacMan Pacquio

James Bonecrusher Smith
Pernell Sweet Pea Whitaker

Marvelous Marvin Hagler
Hitman Hearns
Second to Nunn
Smokin Joe Frazier
PacMan Pacquio

"The Executioner" was one of the first ones I thought of as well.

For a wild coincidence I actually saw the Simpsons episode where Homer fights Drederick Tatum just yesterday. I always thought that Homer being called "The Southern Dandy" for no apparent reason was lowkey hilarious. And I digress, but it's also crazy to think that Simpsons episodes used to be that good.

I loved boxing......remember watching Ray boom boom Mancini on a Saturday afternoon vs Duk Koo Kim.....

If no one knows the story Ray beat him badly,knocking him out and Kim never came thru.......
If I rember right,he succumbed to his injuries a couple days later from brain damage.....

"The Executioner" was one of the first ones I thought of as well.

For a wild coincidence I actually saw the Simpsons episode where Homer fights Drederick Tatum just yesterday. I always thought that Homer being called "The Southern Dandy" for no apparent reason was lowkey hilarious. And I digress, but it's also crazy to think that Simpsons episodes used to be that good.

Ive watched probably two minutes total of the Simpsons.......And I could not tell you what part either....

I saw Butterbean when my buddy from college got knocked out by former hockey goon Frank Bialowas on the undercard.

The Butterbean fight ended up being unlicensed and required headgear because Butterbean didn't check all of the right boxes so it doesn't appear on his official record. And then the over-the-hill Butterbean literally fought like King Hippo, barely moved in the ring, threw maybe 10 punches the entire fight and then lost his shit when the decision went to the other (hometown) guy. It was quite an experience.
Honestly, all you could do with Butterbean is stay the hell away from him. He's an oak tree. You could abuse him all day long and he's not going down but if he lands one punch on you, down you go. He's got ten punches in him per fight. Don't let him punch you because it's going to be devastating if he does.

when my buddy from college got knocked out by former hockey goon Frank Bialowas on the undercard.
I picture suffocating cigar smoke, shouted insults, threats and vulgarity, the overwhelming stench of stale beer and fights breaking out everywhere.

In other words a damned good time.

Slinky “I’ll fuck a tube sock filled with ground beef or your grandma” Redfoot

I picture suffocating cigar smoke, shouted insults, threats and vulgarity, the overwhelming stench of stale beer and fights breaking out everywhere.

In other words a damned good time.

I don't know what the capacity was for the event but you've never seen so many empty seats at the Wachovia Center :laugh:
He got knocked out a second time I think and figured that he probably shouldn't be putting his brain in the line of fire anymore. We never knew why he wanted to in the first place but he was/is a huge dude and he was just that kind of guy. Butterbean with brains :wink:

He also seconded what you said about Butterbean, nicest man on the planet.