Best Nickname?

Butterbean was to boxing what Tank Abbot was to MMA. Big guys that were never gonna win any major titles, but put on a show

I loved boxing......remember watching Ray boom boom Mancini on a Saturday afternoon vs Duk Koo Kim.....

If no one knows the story Ray beat him badly,knocking him out and Kim never came thru.......
If I rember right,he succumbed to his injuries a couple days later from brain damage.....
I watched that fight on TV also.

Those were the good ol'days when boxing meant something and you didnt have to use ppv to get them......
Best I ever watched was Hagler-Hearns. AKA "The War", both came out guns blazing, end of round 2, both bloodied and battered, and looked like they had gone 12 rounds with a wildcat.

Best I ever watched was Hagler-Hearns. AKA "The War", both came out guns blazing, end of round 2, both bloodied and battered, and looked like they had gone 12 rounds with a wildcat.

Lol......That was a fight for the ages too......bestboxing came in the 70s and 80s........

And then closed circuit tv ruined it all......I paid like $50 at a horse track back in 1989 to watch Tyson and Spinks.......a fight for the ages,ya right......a big waste of cash.....

And that was the end of the great boxing......imo

Hitman Hearns

The Dentist Bestfriend