TV Series Better Call Saul

I rewatched the first half hour of 6.1, glad I did.

Mr. DeGuzman continues to impress.

Will watch tomorrow.

looking forward to it.

Damn. The Jimmy/Kim stuff was good but I'm not sure I followed any of the logic in the stuff with Nacho, Gus, and the Cartel

Weird how everyone right away knows for 100% fact that Lalo is dead and Nacho is a rat despite no bodies being found and no evidence. There was NO POSSIBLE way that they were taken prisoner or something? No proof of anything and they know FOR SURE what happened? Just makes no sense that Gus would be the only guy not convinced Lalo is dead. Mike doesn't even seem suspicious.

And for someone who is soooooo god damn positive Nacho is a rat it sure took Bolsa long enough to get to Nacho's house and go through his shit. How did he not do that immediately?

And on a similar note, why would Gus send a bunch of his known associates to Nacho's place in broad daylight to steal Nacho's shit when they knew that Bolsa was convinced Nacho was a rat? Somehow Bolsa didn't have ANYBODY watching that place I guess. Good thing for Gus that Bolsa didn't ask the neighbors if they'd seen Nacho either because I'm sure they would have mentioned the 4 dudes pulling up a huge truck and moving a safe into and then out of his house. That whole situation with the safe switch only works if everybody involved is a complete moron.

And god.....again with the fucking twins. Those two retards are consistently the worst part of this show. I'll forgive them running in and knocking every room's door down as their first tactic to find Nacho. We know those two are idiots. But shooting your own dude dead for simply shooting at Nacho and then doing the same thing right afterward? lol. At least aim for the tires if you want him alive. Didn't these guys take down a whole fucking hideout of armed dudes? But they can't shoot the tires out of a car?

This show is usually better than this.

Damn. The Jimmy/Kim stuff was good but I'm not sure I followed any of the logic in the stuff with Nacho, Gus, and the Cartel

Weird how everyone right away knows for 100% fact that Lalo is dead and Nacho is a rat despite no bodies being found and no evidence. There was NO POSSIBLE way that they were taken prisoner or something? No proof of anything and they know FOR SURE what happened? Just makes no sense that Gus would be the only guy not convinced Lalo is dead. Mike doesn't even seem suspicious.

And for someone who is soooooo god damn positive Nacho is a rat it sure took Bolsa long enough to get to Nacho's house and go through his shit. How did he not do that immediately?

And on a similar note, why would Gus send a bunch of his known associates to Nacho's place in broad daylight to steal Nacho's shit when they knew that Bolsa was convinced Nacho was a rat? Somehow Bolsa didn't have ANYBODY watching that place I guess. Good thing for Gus that Bolsa didn't ask the neighbors if they'd seen Nacho either because I'm sure they would have mentioned the 4 dudes pulling up a huge truck and moving a safe into and then out of his house. That whole situation with the safe switch only works if everybody involved is a complete moron.

And god.....again with the fucking twins. Those two retards are consistently the worst part of this show. I'll forgive them running in and knocking every room's door down as their first tactic to find Nacho. We know those two are idiots. But shooting your own dude dead for simply shooting at Nacho and then doing the same thing right afterward? lol. At least aim for the tires if you want him alive. Didn't these guys take down a whole fucking hideout of armed dudes? But they can't shoot the tires out of a car?

This show is usually better than this.

1. They think Lalo is dead because Lalo went to that farm and killed the couple. Used the guys body to resemble his own. So they do think they have a body of Lalos. Nacho is believed to be behind it all because at the end of S5 Lalo took him to see Eladio about taking things over and they know he was there, a team sneaks into the compound and Nacho is missing? Might be an assumption, but a very safe one. Gus obviously has reason to be suspicious because he knows his whole hit team died, so they somehow killed Lalo while also all bleeding out. Mike called it "possible".

2. A bit up in the air how they didnt know Nacho's location. But Bolsa and Co only went to the house after Gus tipped them off.

3. Basically gonna be the same explanation as 2. Gus was onto it first. ONce they had the info planted there that they wanted, Bolsa and his crew came in .

4. The Twins and their slow intimidating walk is a dumb bit, but its at least consistent. Its the whole reason why Hank is still alive. Cocky melodramtic assassins I guess. The rest of it makes sense though. They are the top of the Cartel they shot a random hired hand, they could not have Nacho killed. Hes needed alive. And not sure how you missed it, but the Twins didnt shoot at Nacho, they did shoot the tires and hit them and caused Nacho to crash. He of course escaped because they love to walk and take their sweet time. But it was again consistent with how weve seen them, and they never at any point shot to kill or even wound Nacho.

Might be better than Breaking Bad. At least very comparable with…
I've got two episodes left of season 5 and I absolutely disagree with you.

Better Call Saul isn't bad, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad.

There have been episodes, and nearly full seasons, that just seemed like chores to watch. There are also a lot of really good episodes/seasons, but I don't remember ever feeling like watching Breaking Bad was just obligatory.

Better Call Saul isn't bad, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Breaking Bad.

There have been episodes, and nearly full seasons, that just seemed like chores to watch. There are also a lot of really good episodes/seasons, but I don't remember ever feeling like watching Breaking Bad was just obligatory.
I feel like I've enjoyed watching Saul more, but I don't know if it's better (or worse, or if it's worth debating). For me, it's also been a different experience. I randomly caught an episode of Breaking Bad in the first season when it started, thought "this show seems rad, I should watch it." But things being different at the time, and it being episode 2 or 3 I saw, there was no convenient way to go back and see the first couple episodes, I caught another episode and then just kind of forgot about it until later in the series when it was mega popular. Netflix and Hulu were a thing at that point, I rallied the whole series and kept up on the last couple seasons as they came out.

I've been on top of Better Call Saul from the beginning and have not felt bored by it at any point. However, when I've tried to go back and rewatch for new seasons, I've had that feeling of "god damn this gets slow." Breaking Bad has it a little bit too, but I've definitely found it to be way more rewatchable. Better Call Saul is really good, it's one of very few shows I make a point of keeping up on in modern times (by very few, I mean I think it's the only one over the last couple years). But I think a lot of its charm is being set in the Breaking Bad universe with a lot of familiar characters, and a handful of good new ones piggybacking off that, and I don't know how much it would have been able to stand on its own without a built in fanbase who needed more Breaking Bad universe.

All that considered, and I didn't mean for this to get so rambley, it's pretty impressive they took a pretty minor side character who was mostly comic relief and spun it into this quality of a series. Tying in Mike's story and some cartel drama was brilliant too.

I didn't mean for this to get so rambley
I think that's what BCS does - gets too rambley. I feel like it got bogged down too often in the Jimmy/Chuck shit as well as the Jimmy/Kim shit.

I read the rest of your post too, but I don't have anything to say about it.

There are no characters I hate in Saul.

Spent years wishing Walt would murder his cunt wife or just die himself. None of that with this series.

And I like Lalo and Nacho a lot more than stupid fuckers like Badger and Skinny Pete.

And no Marie, that bitch was annoying too.

Spent years wishing Walt would murder his cunt wife or just die himself. None of that with this series.

And I like Lalo and Nacho a lot more than stupid fuckers like Badger and Skinny Pete.

K

Regarding BB vs BCS.

BB will also be my personal fav simply for being the one that started it and I think the Walt/Jesse dynamic and journey is unmatched.

BCS is still fantastic though. On one hand you can kinda say that without BB it wouldnt be anything since BB laid the ground work, but on the other hand its fucking impressive as shit how they have managed to craft such a brilliant prequel by almost being handcuffed by things in BB that were written to fit the BB story at a time that BCS was never even a thought.

Saul/Mike/Gus were side characters getting full back stories. Lalo and Nacho were throw away names that now fit into the plot. We know which characters were forsure alive in BB but we dont know how they got there. We know characters that were not in BB but dont know their status. Its fascinating how they make it fit.

A bit ridiculous that everyone is clearly older in the prequel but have to look past it. Also, for every badass move Mike does. It still breaks me that he meets his maker by Walt firing a impulsive bullet.

I will not tolerate Badger and Skinny Pete slander....

But yeah, BCS has definitely provided them the opportunity they can actually write a quality woman character. Kim is fucking awesome and such a pleasant addition after years of Skyler/Marie/Jane dead weight and viewer anger.

1. They think Lalo is dead because Lalo went to that farm and killed the couple. Used the guys body to resemble his own. So they do think they have a body of Lalos. Nacho is believed to be behind it all because at the end of S5 Lalo took him to see Eladio about taking things over and they know he was there, a team sneaks into the compound and Nacho is missing? Might be an assumption, but a very safe one. Gus obviously has reason to be suspicious because he knows his whole hit team died, so they somehow killed Lalo while also all bleeding out. Mike called it "possible".

2. A bit up in the air how they didnt know Nacho's location. But Bolsa and Co only went to the house after Gus tipped them off.

3. Basically gonna be the same explanation as 2. Gus was onto it first. ONce they had the info planted there that they wanted, Bolsa and his crew came in .

4. The Twins and their slow intimidating walk is a dumb bit, but its at least consistent. Its the whole reason why Hank is still alive. Cocky melodramtic assassins I guess. The rest of it makes sense though. They are the top of the Cartel they shot a random hired hand, they could not have Nacho killed. Hes needed alive. And not sure how you missed it, but the Twins didnt shoot at Nacho, they did shoot the tires and hit them and caused Nacho to crash. He of course escaped because they love to walk and take their sweet time. But it was again consistent with how weve seen them, and they never at any point shot to kill or even wound Nacho.
1. That's what Lalo is planning for yes. But at the end of the episode we get confirmation that at this point Lalo is simply missing and presumed dead. They have not found the body yet. So again, you have BOTH Lalo and Nacho missing with no bodies at this point. Nacho as a rat makes sense if there's a dead Lalo. With BOTH of them missing I just don't understand how we start the episode with everything already crystal clear in their minds. Whatever I guess.

2-3. So Bolsa and Eladio have Nacho running the whole Salmanca show for a period of time in the US and they don't know where he lives? At the very least Gus should expect that they do and not send three of his known associates over there in broad daylight backing up a big truck and moving a bunch of shit out of the house. People are gonna see and remember that. You've explained the plot and sequence of events here, but not why it makes any sense.

4. Hank and Nacho are still alive because those two are written to be basically completely incompetent when needed and those dudes in that drug hideaway are dead because those two are also written to be perfect assassins when needed. They are consistently inconsistent. You're right though, they did aim for the tires upon a second viewing of that scene. Seeing Nacho just blow through their car and drive away anyway made me think they missed the tires completely while trying to shoot Nacho, but it was only Nacho shooting through the windshield.

Adding to this, not only did Lalo kill the "mountain man" for a body double, he had been planning this scenario (needing a body double) for awhile. He made him shave to look like him. He had that guy's teeth fixed so the dental records matched his own. He did this because he knew eventually that Gus would make a move and since Gus is very particular, he'd need exact details to be certain Lalo was dead.

That's why Gus isn't sure Lalo is dead when he's told. Even with the body double and details that works for most everyone else, it doesn't add up to him that the entire team died on the mission yet it was still a success. He's so detailed oriented that one thing is enough to grow his suspicions. And when he personally goes to see Hector (who has already talked to Lalo) and gets that smirking handshake, its enough confirmation for Gus to know that Lalo is alive even though others think he's dead.

Adding to this, not only did Lalo kill the "mountain man" for a body double, he had been planning this scenario (needing a body double) for awhile. He made him shave to look like him. He had that guy's teeth fixed so the dental records matched his own. He did this because he knew eventually that Gus would make a move and since Gus is very particular, he'd need exact details to be certain Lalo was dead.

That's why Gus isn't sure Lalo is dead when he's told. Even with the body double and details that works for most everyone else, it doesn't add up to him that the entire team died on the mission yet it was still a success. He's so detailed oriented that one thing is enough to grow his suspicions. And when he personally goes to see Hector (who has already talked to Lalo) and gets that smirking handshake, its enough confirmation for Gus to know that Lalo is alive even though others think he's dead.
I've heard this explanation now several times. But at the end of the episode Tyrus tells Gus that Lalo is still missing. And we saw earlier that Tyrus is getting all his info from Federales. So has the body been identified or not? Seems like they're trying to imply the burned body at the beginning was Lalo and that they identified him by the teeth. But that would mean Lalo not only did what you've explained, but also killed the man and the woman, cleaned up that crime scene, hauled them back to the house, lit the man on fire and presumably disposed of the woman's body somehow too, and did all that without being seen and all on foot. K.

I've heard this explanation now several times. But at the end of the episode Tyrus tells Gus that Lalo is still missing. And we saw earlier that Tyrus is getting all his info from Federales. So has the body been identified or not? Seems like they're trying to imply the burned body at the beginning was Lalo and that they identified him by the teeth. But that would mean Lalo not only did what you've explained, but also killed the man and the woman, cleaned up that crime scene, hauled them back to the house, lit the man on fire and presumably disposed of the woman's body somehow too, and did all that without being seen and all on foot. K.
Eh, last think I'll say on it is that Tyrus must have just meant "still missing" as in "we now know he's alive and we haven't found him". In the context of the scene though, it sounds like he's reporting what the Cartel/Federales know. As in "Lalo is still missing but presumed dead". Using the word "still" there made me think he always was missing and there was never a body.

What a convoluted god damn way for that to play out though. And all of that for Hector to just blow it immediately.