Movie Beverly Hills Cop 4: Axel F (2024)

Yeah, I just saw the trailer and will skip this. It’s “Metro” with BHC branding: the theme plus cameos from Taggert, Rosewood, Paul Reiser, Bronson Pinchot, etc.

The comedy is going to be really muted, because the action comedy is a dead genre.

Tom Cruise What GIF
Yeah, if you liked that new Top Gun sequel, you'll probably like this too. It's a shame your movie standards have sunk so low. I'll get Matthew Broderick on the phone and tell him to make a Ferris Bueller sequel where he's still a high school student, too.

Yeah, if you liked that new Top Gun sequel, you'll probably like this too. It's a shame your movie standards have sunk so low. I'll get Matthew Broderick on the phone and tell him to make a Ferris Bueller sequel where he's still a high school student, too.
The Breakfast Club: 40th HS Reunion.

John Hughes on a run.

A shit ton of people liked the new Top Gun sequel...

A shit ton of people voted for Biden, too.

Not voluntarily. Both choices were terrible and most people feel like they have to pick one.

That isn't the case with a movie

Not voluntarily. Both choices were terrible and most people feel like they have to pick one.

That isn't the case with a movie
Yes voluntarily; that's what I was referring to. You're absolutely right that many people disliked both choices and voted "against Giant Douche", not "for Turd Sandwich"; but there are a hell of a lot of sheeple out there who legitimately voted for Turd Sandwich - whether it be that they're a blind party voter or blind social voter or blind racial voter or are illiterate or are clinically retarded or whatever...

In that same vein, there are a hell of a lot of sheeple out there who ate the "member berries" on that Top Gun trash. Those same people are probably also entertained by "Honey Boo Boo versus Fatty Doo Doo" and we desperately need someone (not James Cameron, he's recycling classics into trash, too) to "raise the bar" on movies.

[Pardon me if my South Park references aren't landing.]

The first Top Gun is clearly the better film, but if you're a product of the eighties and you didn't enjoy Maverick, I offer my condolences to your cold, dead heart.

Yes voluntarily; that's what I was referring to. You're absolutely right that many people disliked both choices and voted "against Giant Douche", not "for Turd Sandwich"; but there are a hell of a lot of sheeple out there who legitimately voted for Turd Sandwich - whether it be that they're a blind party voter or blind social voter or blind racial voter or are illiterate or are clinically retarded or whatever...

In that same vein, there are a hell of a lot of sheeple out there who ate the "member berries" on that Top Gun trash. Those same people are probably also entertained by "Honey Boo Boo versus Fatty Doo Doo" and we desperately need someone (not James Cameron, he's recycling classics into trash, too) to "raise the bar" on movies.

[Pardon me if my South Park references aren't landing.]

I'm not looking for every movie I watch to be the next classic.

I enjoyed Maverick but if I can sit back and not be bored, or cringe at humanity, then I'm good.

As far as the reality TV reference I can't stand that stuff

40 years later and everyone is still in the same place personally and professionally?

And we are supposed to take these people seriously?

40 years later and everyone is still in the same place personally and professionally?

And we are supposed to take these people seriously?

It's a fictional movie. Guy took 57 shots from one clip of a handgun and you're worried that he isn't a captain with a wife and kids?