Big 12 thread

Changed no doubt. BUT, it also isn't the same conference that had anywhere close to the talent of those QBs I listed...Mahomes, RGIII, Mayfield, Murray, Purdy, Hurts, etal. Name me one Big 12 QB the past two years that are even close to being in their league?
The past two years have been off but if you look at the coaching.. a change of philosophy has changed. Also you mentioned Purdy?? lol.. he would fit in with this crop of QBs.. only reason he's known now is for QBing a really really talented team in SF

The past two years have been off but if you look at the coaching.. a change of philosophy has changed. Also you mentioned Purdy?? lol.. he would fit in with this crop of QBs.. only reason he's known now is for QBing a really really talented team in SF
Maybe average QB play was part of the reason for that change. If it is, that's good coaching IMHO.

I was just thinking of fairly recent former Big 12 QBs that started for NFL teams. And Purdy's still better than the recent crop of Big 12 QBs IMHO. Even if he is on a talented 49er team. Again, as a group, Big 12 QBs haven't been very good the past two years.

But, even Leach's disciple Riley needed a run game. OU's offenses with Mayfield, Murray and Hurts had damn good running games. In fact, Riley hasn't been too swift when he didn't have a good offensive line that good run block. Maybe Mayfield, Murray and Hurts are in the category you put Purdy in.

imagine just waking up from a coma 20 years ago... and seeing this.. you'd think the WAC and ACC merged together

1708110022501.png

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

is the pool heated?
Where will they put the band?

Junior at +16hundo odds is goooooood VALUE

First three are there because of coaching. Zona because of last year. Tech and UCF because of talent. (Haven’t they had the best recruiting/transfer classes lately in the Big 12.)

That said, I think you can throw ‘em all in a hat, draw them out and be just as close to correct as the pundits are in picking them.

I don’t see where any of them have much of an advantage or disadvantage than the rest of them. Should be fun to watch but I doubt any end up ranked very high. jmo

why is Colorado so low? i heard they were comin

he had two straight season of the worst negative recruiting from within his own fanbase.. and still had a winning season after the media picked his team to finish last in the conference.. maybe now with this extension he can recruit better

he had two straight season of the worst negative recruiting from within his own fanbase.. and still had a winning season after the media picked his team to finish last in the conference.. maybe now with this extension he can recruit better
Reading up on it, it actually reduces his buyout and salary and it’s only a year added. It’s actually very beneficial for the university. He is a good guy but he needs to improve as a football coach. Last year was a decent year with an easy as hell schedule. This year will be much tougher.

Here’s the thing though thiefy, he is already a half decent recruiter and we haven’t done horrible with classes since he’s got here. But if it wasn’t for an absolute prayer of an ending of 2021, he would have had 1 winning regular season in the 4 years (Covid season at that) he was here and only 1 bowl game. The offense had looked horrid at times. He deserved some of that negative criticism.

Reading up on it, it actually reduces his buyout and salary and it’s only a year added. It’s actually very beneficial for the university. He is a good guy but he needs to improve as a football coach. Last year was a decent year with an easy as hell schedule. This year will be much tougher.

Here’s the thing though thiefy, he is already a half decent recruiter and we haven’t done horrible with classes since he’s got here. But if it wasn’t for an absolute prayer of an ending of 2021, he would have had 1 winning regular season in the 4 years (Covid season at that) he was here and only 1 bowl game. The offense had looked horrid at times. He deserved some of that negative criticism.
we'll see how he fares this season, people are optimistic on their chances this year to actually contend for the Big12 title

we'll see how he fares this season, people are optimistic on their chances this year to actually contend for the Big12 title
Schedule will be tougher. I don’t think 8 wins is asking a lot. Not sure I see them in the B12 title game though, sadly. Schedule is definitely more tough than the shit we played last year.

Schedule will be tougher. I don’t think 8 wins is asking a lot. Not sure I see them in the B12 title game though, sadly. Schedule is definitely more tough than the shit we played last year.
you didn't see them doing as good as they did last season either...

i think they will be good