Big 12 thread

The Iowa St game being an old Big 8 rival will likely push sell-out numbers. Iowa St fans will be into watching the clones play in an NFL venue.

Hopefully KC learned their lesson from the 90's Kick Off Classic between Nebraska and Oklahoma St.
The traffic jams on the highways from every direction around Arrowhead were 3 miles long as they tried to get vehicles through the gate of the parking lot.
There were people out on the highway outside of their vehicles playing catch football, tossing Frisbee, etc. Shit didn't move for 10 minutes at a time or longer and that was multiple times.
If we'd had 20 cases of beer in the back we probably could have paid for the entire trip. LOL
i made a trip there to see the Steelers play the Chiefs in 2003.. You are right about getting in and getting out.. it was such a clusterfuck.. but again.. this is Kansas Football so I doubt they would have the same volume of people clamoring to get in and get out.

i made a trip there to see the Steelers play the Chiefs in 2003.. You are right about getting in and getting out.. it was such a clusterfuck.. but again.. this is Kansas Football so I doubt they would have the same volume of people clamoring to get in and get out.
Doubting coach Lance? :nonono:

Why does he have that goofy crown on? Oh, nvm.

An old joke from back in those days....

Mangino was in Kansas City doing an in-home recruiting visit and got lost trying to find the interstate when leaving.

He saw a fella walking down the sidewalk, stopped, and said "Excuse me, sir. How do I get to 435?"
Dude replied "Stop eating".

An old joke from back in those days....

Mangino was in Kansas City doing an in-home recruiting visit and got lost trying to find the interstate when leaving.

He saw a fella walking down the sidewalk, stopped, and said "Excuse me, sir. How do I get to 435?"
Dude replied "Stop eating".
LOL aww man, I don't wanna laugh at the guy but that's hilarious

Mark Mangino was waddling around down on the field at OU without a hat on during the pregame warm up against Oklahoma State and my Dad said to me "Jesus Christ, if you put a green wig on him he'd look like a strawberry".

1706901017338.png

Bobby Burton said that UT won't be playing any future games in Football or basketball vs Big12 schools for the foreseeable future..

guess that Tech bridge really did get burned

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Solid move imo, better have as much offensive prowess as possible headin into the B12.
Living off past reputation to a certain extent. The Big 12 offenses haven't been as prolific lately. Some say it is because of improved defenses. IMO it is because the QB quality has dropped off. They haven't been the quality of Mahomes, RGIII, Mayfield, Murray, Hurts, Purdy, etal. That may not be fair because all of those are/were NFL starting QBs.

Living off past reputation to a certain extent. The Big 12 offenses haven't been as prolific lately. Some say it is because of improved defenses. IMO it is because the QB quality has dropped off. They haven't been the quality of Mahomes, RGIII, Mayfield, Murray, Hurts, Purdy, etal. That may not be fair because all of those are/were NFL starting QBs.
they changed.. they went from a spread/air raid conference to a power run type offense.. that is what made ou a tough matchup last season since they were the only school that pushed the pace as much as they did.. okie light, KSU, KU, etc all put the run game first.. this isn't the same conference that had Kliff, Dana, Art, etc

they changed.. they went from a spread/air raid conference to a power run type offense.. that is what made ou a tough matchup last season since they were the only school that pushed the pace as much as they did.. okie light, KSU, KU, etc all put the run game first.. this isn't the same conference that had Kliff, Dana, Art, etc
Changed no doubt. BUT, it also isn't the same conference that had anywhere close to the talent of those QBs I listed...Mahomes, RGIII, Mayfield, Murray, Purdy, Hurts, etal. Name me one Big 12 QB the past two years that are even close to being in their league?