Big East Basketball

I haven't seen much to say that this league is going to anything in March, but look out for St Johns. They're hot and they look good. If they can get in...

I've watched a decent amount of Big East basketball but not a ton of St. John's other than very early in the season. I want to watch them down the stretch.

Penn States tourney hopes just took a crippling blow

Whoops wrong thread. But this applies for the Johnnies.

I've watched a decent amount of Big East basketball but not a ton of St. John's other than very early in the season. I want to watch them down the stretch.

Well, never mind St Johns...

I really shouldn't talk shit about any team this year. But there are two kinds of sucks.

Marquette- Raw team with consistent fatal flaws and a coach that simply can't make up for even small ones.

Butler- A truly bad team. I'm actually shocked they have won 6 games in conference. Every time I see them including the first match up when MU almost tanked a 17 pt lead, they looked awful.

Outside of the freshman Harris and maybe Hodges. I can't even say theres a guy on Butler I'd want on a team that goes 9 deep.

I really shouldn't talk shit about any team this year. But there are two kinds of sucks.

Marquette- Raw team with consistent fatal flaws and a coach that simply can't make up for even small ones.

Butler- A truly bad team. I'm actually shocked they have won 6 games in conference. Every time I see them including the first match up when MU almost tanked a 17 pt lead, they looked awful.

Outside of the freshman Harris and maybe Hodges. I can't even say theres a guy on Butler I'd want on a team that goes 9 deep.

They've been on a steady decline since Holtmann left.

Yeah and Jordan doesnt appear to be the type of coach that can create his own diamonds in the rough. Thats kinda been the Butler way.

Butler is in a down year, they lost a lot of talent.

I wouldn't say I'm shocked by where Marquette is, but they are the most dissapointing team in the big East. I also think Carton is gone. I think it's time to move on from Wojo.

I wouldn't say I'm shocked by where Marquette is, but they are the most dissapointing team in the big East. I also think Carton is gone. I think it's time to move on from Wojo.

Carton gone to Albania?

that's not a fair assessment, tbh

they were a top 25 team last year. they are REALLY bad this year, though

Wojo's Marquette teams are the exact opposite of what he was as a player

they can't play a lick of defense

tbh, when Wojo took the Marquette job in 2014, I thought he was going to be the eventual successor for K.

then again, I thought the same thing when Dawkins went to Stanford, lmao.

now i have no idea. Capel, Wojo, Dawkins, Collins clearly aren't good high major coaches. Wojo is probably the best of that bunch.

Wojo's Marquette teams are the exact opposite of what he was as a player

they can't play a lick of defense

tbh, when Wojo took the Marquette job in 2014, I thought he was going to be the eventual successor for K.

then again, I thought the same thing when Dawkins went to Stanford, lmao.

now i have no idea. Capel, Wojo, Dawkins, Collins clearly aren't good high major coaches. Wojo is probably the best of that bunch.
Bobby Hurley too...

Last Regular Season Conference Championship:

Creighton - 2020
Villanova - 2020
Seton Hall - 2020
Xavier - 2018
Georgetown - 2013
Marquette - 2013
Butler - 2011 (Horizon)
DePaul - 2004 (CUSA)
St. John's - 1992
Providence - Never

UConn vs Villanova, Big East Basketball.

Nice to see again.

Meaningless for our season but really cool to schedule a game with UNC in this shit show of a season.

Maybe we can pull off a miracle and fuck their season a bit.

Meaningless for our season but really cool to schedule a game with UNC in this shit show of a season.

Marquette can win that game.

Nice. Wish teams were flexible like this throughout the course of the season.

Nice. Wish teams were flexible like this throughout the course of the season.

I agree woulda been really cool if more teams did it.

The one curious thing about this game though, is I am not entirely sure why UNC is doing it(especially at home). The UL game took them off the immediate bubble, but they are still not in a "great" spot. Playing us at home is literally a Q3 game lol.

UNC is a pretty poor match up for us and if they play like they did yesterday its a wrap. But, for whatever reason MU outside of Nova has been extremely competent on the road with everything coming down to the wire. Seems kinda like an odd risk with minimal reward.

That would be perfect. I wouldn't even want the others back. Not happening tho, Cuse football is too good.
Cuse football is garbage

the money they bring in to the university is too good

and i would LOVE it if Cuse went back to the Big East. make the ACC pure again and get rid of all the New Yorkers

amen