Bill Russell was great

How many times did Bill Russell and Wilt meet in the finals?

Their teams met seven times in the postseason. Only once, in the 1966-67 Eastern Division finals, did Chamberlain's prevail.

Does that mean that Chamberlain couldn't play against 6'9" defenders? He sure didn't win much against the Celtics or against bill Russell when it counted.

Their teams met seven times in the postseason. Only once, in the 1966-67 Eastern Division finals, did Chamberlain's prevail.

Does that mean that Chamberlain couldn't play against 6'9" defenders? He sure didn't win much against the Celtics or against bill Russell when it counted.

Find a picture of Wilt holding the ball in a game against the Celtics with fewer than 3 players completely surrounding him. They are rare. If you find a picture of Wilt and Russell where neither one has the ball you can also usually tell which team is on offense by whether or not there are a bunch of other people in the frame or it's just Wilt and Bill.

Russell Stover > Bill Russell

russell stover snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Russell Simmons > Bill Russell

"He"

So one minute it's teams the next minute it's individuals. Which is it, Ken?

Wilt. Dominated. Russell.

Does that mean that Chamberlain couldn't play against 6'9" defenders?
What do the numbers say?

The only number you guys care about is "11" cause that's all you've got.

Bill Russell was in the right place at the right time in the Plezozoic Era of basketball. He was decent against 6' 1" white guys named Stan and George who played for basketball juggernauts like the Providence Bobcats.

Bill Russell was never even the best player on his own team. He was good on defense (certainly not great) and pedestrian on offense. Some would even say a liability on those stacked Celtics teams.

I've often wondered how a no talent hack like Russell managed to win 2 NCAA championships, an Olympic Gold Medal and 11 NBA titles. :think:
You know who else has similar stats to that?

Little 6'1" KC Jones.

2 NCAA championships, an Olympic Gold Medal and 8 NBA titles.

Little 6'1" KC Jones.

Yeah but KC is only in the HOF once, Bill has two plaques :yes:

Skip Bayless over Bill Ru.....

No. Even trolling I can't complete that sentence.

Little 6'1" KC Jones.

Yeah but KC is only in the HOF once, Bill has two plaques :yes:

I heard that Bill's senior thesis at USF was titled "11 is Greater Than 8 and Applications for ZFC Set Theory"

I heard that Bill's senior thesis at USF was titled "11 is Greater Than 8 and Applications for ZFC Set Theory"
The "Los Angeles" Fakers have 12 titles and Bill Russell has 11. This little fact really upsets many Faker fans some of whom are old enough to remember Russell's Celtics using the Fakers like a diaper in playoff game 7's.

The "Los Angeles" Fakers have 12 titles and Bill Russell has 11. This little fact really upsets many Faker fans some of whom are old enough to remember Russell's Celtics using the Fakers like a diaper in playoff game 7's.

I'm happy to rip on the Lakers too but I bet that you could add up all of the times that any Lakers fan (living or dead) worldwide has mentioned that and it would still probably be less than the number of times that Bill texted out "11!" to someone while taking his morning constitution today :wink: